Question

hicksene
on 9/28/07 5:49 am - MA
So I have a few questions.  Well first thing is that I have already had my gall bladder removed in 98, I had some serious stones.  I asked to keep them, but they ended up being crushed as they removed it from my belly button.  Anyways, what if I don't have a sleep disorder?  Does everyone have to go through the study at NWH???  I take Trazadone at night to help me fall asleep, since I have anxiety and depression.  Also, I am currently under the care of a psych. doctor.  Will I have to see theirs as well???

Holliewheeler
on 9/28/07 10:56 am - leominster, MA
Hi there. If you had a study from somewere else maybe you wont but they will need the report. I know i did the sleep study and NEVER knew i had Sleep Apnea till that night and I'm 23yrs old and yes u need to she the Psych she will be the one with the doc and nut to determine if you are allowed to have surg thru them. more of less you have to get Approved by the nut, psych and doc and get a green Binder for things to move forward. Holliw
ks4
on 9/30/07 4:47 am - Fitchburg, MA
If you've already had a sleep study, like Hollie said, just give them the report. If you haven't had one, you can have one done at Leominster hospital instead of NWH (saves a trip out to Newton), that's what I did. As far as the Psych visit.  Mine was only 1/2 hr visit.  She just asked a few questions.  She was very, very nice and upbeat.  I think I did most of the talking...haha. Since you had your gall bladder out already (so did I), then you won't need to have the pre-op ultrasound or a prescription at your one month post-op visit. Hope this helps. Take Care, Kendra

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views