CALLING ALL NWHOSSY PEOPLE.... GOT A QU

Holliewheeler
on 9/28/07 4:31 am - leominster, MA

At the blended diet group do they weigh you also? or do you just sit in a big group and talk about everything or No??? anyone have a insight of what happens let me know please.

honeymoo
on 9/28/07 8:26 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA

You will get weighed, you will be in a small group w/ the NUT and she'll ask how the eating and drinking are going as well as exercise.  They will go over how to progress on foods and vitamins.  DH goes on the 9th if there is anything else I'll let you know unless someone going before gets to it 1st.

Gwen

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

bariatricpt
on 10/6/07 8:20 am - BOSTON METRO WEST, MA
We have the same surgical group.  At my PreOp  Blended Diet Group Meeting, I was not weighed, nor was anyone else in my group.  (I was weighed following my PreOp Testing.)  With respect to the Blended Diet Meeting, make sure that you read on line sources and/or some books.  The nutritionists at  our practice are the weak links in the group.  They tend to be disorganized and lazy.  Written materials are passed out AT the meeting, rather than before.  So, you have no benefit of having read anything beforehand.   Handouts that are circulated at the meeting have contradictory information and alot of time is spent instructing the patients to hand write corrections and additions to their  handouts.   Anything beyond very simple questions, they cannot manage.  The green binder is really outdated, so your nutritional information is best obtained elsewhere.  Do not despair, the surgeons and NP are talented, conscientious,  committed and experienced; you won't do much better for surgical care.  Also, while you are in the hospital, a hospital nutritionist will visit you and ask if you have any questions.  She was a wonderful source of information and advice. 10 minutes with her was more informative than hours with the practice's nutritionist.  Good luck, surgically, you are in good hands.
Holliewheeler
on 10/6/07 11:30 am - leominster, MA
Who did u see for a Nutrit. at NWH? I seen linda and another lady.And i wasnt told to change anything in my packet for the BLENDED> i  was told i was going to be giving a sample and they never did but thats about it. and i had Rene for the nurse talking to us she was wonderful. Hollie
bariatricpt
on 10/7/07 7:04 am - BOSTON METRO WEST, MA
Hi, 

I have met with both nutritionist a few times - the initial visit, the Blended Diet Group Meeting, and the Diet Progression Group Meeting.  Yes the nurse, Renee is excellent, as are the other nurses -  very professional and well informed.

You really must visit these three websites (below) and compare the well organized, comprehensive package of information, to what you got from our practice:

JOHN HOPKINS BARIATRIC SURGERY PROGRAM at:

http://www.hopkinsbayview.org/bariatrics/docs/nutrition_bypa ss.pdf

HIGHLAND HOSPITAL BARIATRIC SURGERY at:

http://www.stronghealth.com/services/surgical/bariatric/imag es/GASTRIC%20BYPASS%20DIET%5B1%5D.pdf

DARMOUTH HITCH**** MEDICAL CENTER WLS at:

http://www.dhmc.org/webpage.cfm?site_id=2&org_id=28&morg_id= 0&sec_id=0&gsec_id=35554&item_id=35554

After you read these, let me know if you want the corrections/additions form our practice.  I do no mean to be negative, but the nutritionists are just mediocre, and you will be in a much better place if you just nod your way through the meetings with them, and rely on a better source.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views