Hello

hicksene
on 9/27/07 4:42 am - MA
Hello All!!     I just wanted to introduce myself.  I am currently going to my surgical orientation tonight at UMASS in Worcester.  Although, I am concerned about the whole turn around time.  I would appreciate some thoughts on other places and time it takes until surgery.
hicksene
on 9/27/07 5:17 am - MA
I have no clue how to put my picture on my profile either...  lol
kmal1223
on 9/27/07 6:17 am

Congrats on your start! I have been to 4 meetings already 2 for the lap and 2 for gastric bypass. i wish you luck on your journey!!

Cher B.
on 9/27/07 11:44 am - MA
Welcome!  Newton Wellesley is great..definitely worth checking out f you want to explore all of the options.
ks4
on 9/27/07 12:51 pm - Fitchburg, MA
Welcome!  Good luck on your journey. O & btw.... for your profile pic... Click on my account click on Customize profile click on change my avatar then you should be able to upload a photo there. Take Care, Kendra

hicksene
on 9/27/07 9:56 pm - MA
YEAH, I fixed it!!!  And I went to NWH, and I plan on calling them first thing this morning for my consultation.  I went to the orientation last night.
hicksene
on 9/28/07 4:00 am - MA
Well the lady that I need to talk to is off on Fridays.  They also told me that I have to wait until someone from their office calls me. 

courtneylyn
on 9/28/07 9:32 am
Hello!  I am going through Beth Israel Deaconness and they have been really fast.  I submitted my paperwork at the end of august, had my first appointment 9/5 and now should be meeting the surgeon in the next 2 weeks.  They said I'll probably get surgery either the last week of october or first week of november, for a total of about 2 months from my first appointment.  They have all been really friendly and helpful there and I would definitely recommend the program.  Good luck!
shannewc
on 9/28/07 10:00 pm
Welcome!! Not to scare you at all, but I have not heard good things about Umass in Worcester....I highly reccomend Newton Wellesley Hospital they are awesome!!!! from the doctors to the surgical floor nurses everything was A+. At Newton Wellsley the turnaround time is roughly 3 months, which I have to say goes by so fast!!! and you really need this time to get your body ready for surgery (loose a few pounds, start exerciseing ect.) anyway hope this helps good luck    Shannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views