Graduated to solids

ks4
on 9/26/07 10:39 am - Fitchburg, MA
I had my diet advancement class today and I am officially off of the blended diet!  Finally!!!  Wooo Hooo.  So glad.

Cher B.
on 9/27/07 11:46 am - MA
Off the blended diet is definitely happy dance time.  How are you doing with the transition to solid food?
ks4
on 9/27/07 12:34 pm - Fitchburg, MA
No problems what so ever so far...knock on wood. Kendra

Girl ..
on 9/28/07 2:24 am - MA
So, prepare me...what are you eating?  I envy you!
ks4
on 9/28/07 3:59 am - Fitchburg, MA
My docs suggest three or four (I'm not looking at the paperwork right now, I actually forgot it at the dr's office and I'm waiting for it to come in the mail) phases of solids.  Softer solids to begin with and sticking with it for a week to see how you tolerate it, then move on th the next phase.  I believe breads are the last phase. Besides the basics for breakfast (yogart, cottage cheese, carnation instant breakfast, sliim fast), I can now have a regular poached egg.  For lunch I had chili and dinner I had a slice of roast beef (deli meat).  All of which you have to chew to a puree in your mouth first.  I got some dry roasted lightly salted peanuts.  They're high in fat, but it's the "good" fats and they have only 1g of sugar and they're high in protein.  I chew them till they're almost like peanut butter before I swallow. I made a turkey burger (97%lean) with cheese, NO BUN and ate that.  That's all I could eat though.  I couldn't fit anything else. So far that's all...we're going away camping this weekend I made a HUGE batch of chili (found some sugar free beans) to take with me.  Then I also found some Fat free hot dogs that I'll try, but with NO bun.   Well I got to run.  Hope this helps.   Take Care, Kendra

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views