gas-x

Girl ..
on 9/21/07 12:32 pm - MA
Hello my favorite people who hold all the answers to my problems, I had surgery on Tuesday and it seems that by the end of everyday I have a lot of gas pain.  Can I take gas-x at this point?  Should I bother?  Is this normal? Have any of you taken it this early? I should have asked the folks at the program while they were in earlier today.  I suspect the nurse from saints Memorial will be at the walk tomorrow. Thanks, Julie
Marianne978
on 9/21/07 10:02 pm - Metrowest, MA
Julie,  Congrats on your surgery!  This is just the beginning of a wonderful journey.  The gas is normal and I took gas-x about a week after.  Every doctor is different but I went to Newton Wellsley and they suggested it.   Its  not very uncommon when you have surgery in general that you have gas...try and walk alot because that release some of the gas.  I know at this stage of the game its not always easy to walk very far but what I did was went to the mall and walked this way I could sit down if i needed to.   Good Luck and let me know if you have any other questions Marianne
Girl ..
on 9/22/07 10:19 am - MA
Thanks Marianne!  Coincidentally I saw my surgeon today at the Walk From Obesity (I had no idea she was ging to be there) and she also said any product such as GasX is fine.  She also said "Sure you can walk the two mile route today.'  She walked along near where I was walking so I was comfortable that she could save me if I should die, just kidding.  I did do fine and you can rest assured that your advice about walking more works on the gas.  I was fine while walking, in fact I was kind of shocked I could do it.  But to be honest I was spent for the rest of the day  I am still going to aim for 2 miles a day while I am out of work and then come home and rest after.  It felt great while I was walking, it just takes two hours of rest to recuperate from it this close to teh surgery. Thanks for the help! Julie
M M
on 9/22/07 10:35 am
I am amazed you did it!  :D
~ Stylz ~
on 9/28/07 2:38 pm - North of Boston, MA
 Julie!  How you doing?  A little birdie told me at my 18 month check up that you're walking, walking, walking and boy did the birdie seem impressed with it! yes, this is late, but chewable gas-x is fine to take after surgery.  eventually it will be a staple in your medicine cabinet  

~Stylz~  
post - op 261.2/current 124.2/goal 125

~~~  down 137 pounds  ~~~

LESS HALF THE PERSON I USE TO BE 

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

Girl ..
on 9/22/07 11:15 am - MA
I am too Beth...Felt great then...but I have to tell you, my energy was trashed for the afternoon.... I hope your daughte rhad a better birthday in the afternoon.  Great to see you! I'll have Joe send you the pic tomorrow. Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views