Men hmmmp

honeymoo
on 9/21/07 11:03 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
DH had is 1st follow up yesterday and is doing wonderful.  According to their scale he has lost 28 pds since his surgery on 9/10 but according to ours it's 35( he obviously had his clothes on at the office but that also included his sneakers and watch which is pretty heavy)  I am soo proud of him!  It's just crazy how fast men lose weight.  He goes on Oct 9th for diet advancement which he is more than ready for. I had my year appt, had my pics taken, measurements done, saw the Dr. and Nut.  I have lost 70% of my excess weight, 5 inches in my neck, 19 inches each in my waist and hips.  It was wild to see the difference in my before and after pics.  It's funny because the charts say I should weigh 155 pds at 5' 9" Dr. Gazmuri looks at me and shakes his head saying that with my frame and everything that I wouldn't look good at that weight and my body probably wouldn't let me get to that weight which I am fine with I don't want to be that weight anyway.  Would I like to lose more weight? absolutely!  Will I consider myself a failure if I don't lose anymore or get to the goal weight I set for myself (my Dr does not give us one)?  Absolutely not!  I am no longer pre-diabetic, my BP went from 140 something/ 90 something to 108/76 yesterday.  I am healthy, I am happy and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat! Hope everyone is having a great day! Gwen

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

KatKat
on 9/22/07 3:04 am

Gwen,

Thanks for the update - I'm glad Steve is doing so well!  Also happy to hear you're doing so great too.  I am at a massive stall - in fact I GAINED 3 lbs last week.  I am hoping it's just because I've been working with a trainer and stuff is just shifting, cause I still have a long way to go.  Give me a call if you want to get together on the 9th!

Kathleen

honeymoo
on 9/22/07 9:53 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Thanks Kat.  I stalled just about every month!  Are you checking your measurements?  I know alot of the time I wasn't losing weight but I was losing inches.  Gained?  probably water weight, unless you are eating alot of junk and stuff you shouldn't be (which I highly doubt you are) you're not gaining.  I flucuate (one day I could be one thing and the next day a few pds more) advise which I am bad at following is to stay off the scale.  Good for you for working w/ a trainer that's great.  Don't worry the scale will go down, I think we all go through it at least a few times. As for the 9th I'll let you know, we are hopefully heading to NY for a few days right after we get out of there but I will let you know. Hang in there! Gwen

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

Girl ..
on 9/22/07 10:35 am - MA
Hi Gwen, Isn't it amazing how much faster men lose over women.  It's great for him that he is seeing those numbers, which probably make these initial jello-broth-pudding weeks a little more tolerable.    You look fantastic!  It's inspiring to see your before and after pictures.  I hope I am as fortunate to lose my weight in equal distribution, as it looks like you have.  I never dreamed in my lifetime that I would ever wear a sleeveless top, but then I look at your pics and realize it's still a maybe for me.  You look great in sleeveless tops!   You're a great inspiration, thanks for sharing! Julie
honeymoo
on 9/22/07 10:04 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Hi Julie! How are you doing?  It is crazy how much faster men lose.  I think now that he knows when his diet advancement is now it's making it easier.  I am really trying to change it up for him as far as tastes go. Thank you for your sweet words, ya know I just said to someone that I was lucky to lose pretty equally!  It's funny as far as my arms go I was just telling someone that I was more confident at my heaviest wearing sleeveless than I am now.  I keep telling Steve that I can fly away anytime I want.     Wow it sounds like I'm telling lots of people things lol.  Thank you again!

Girl ..
on 9/23/07 12:44 am - MA

Gwen - You don't look like you can fly away.  The ONLY meeting I brought my husband to was the plastic surgery info session.  I wanted him to understand which of the surgeries I had to have after losing, and which I would consider optional.  He was great about it.  I will of course attempt insurance, but if they don't pay...home equity will, at least for a tummy tuck. 

I think you look great and you always have a poistive, caring attitude!  Just think how annoyed you might be if your husband had the surgery at the same time as you!?  And started losing at lightening speed? 

I hope he is doing well - he was a week or so before me.

I'm doing really well actually.  I'm a bit sick of jello and broth, but I'm not having any real difficulty with it.  I know it's slow crawl back up to food I can chew, and I just look at each day as a day towards chewing.  I went to the obesity walk in Lowell yesterday, planning to walk a mile or so slowly.  I was surprised to see my surgeon there and she had me do the whole two miles at a pretty good pace.  Although I was exhausted in the afternoon I think the walk overall energized me, so i am going out with a friend to the rail trail today to do another 2 miles.  It does wonders for your digestive tract.   Thanks for all the positive words.  All the Massachusetts folks, (mostly women), have been great and very supportive in helping me understand and prepare for what I am going through now.  I think that's why I feel pretty good and know what to expect next! Have a great day - the weather looks fantastic. Julie

Holliewheeler
on 9/23/07 10:23 am - leominster, MA
I went to the comm meeting with the plastic surg also. it was a good meeting but i don't know about you but i didnt see and surg in my age range so that was disappointing. Hollie
honeymoo
on 9/24/07 4:36 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA

One of these days I might be brave enough to take a pic of my "wings".  Hubby says if I want my arms done go ahead (although I heard it's the most painful), he's all for getting new girls although I wouldn't mind a lift not sure about new ones per say, he says I don't need the tummy done but we'll see I still have about 30 more pds I'd like to lose so we'll talk after I do that.

I joke with him about him losing so fast, I knew all along that he may blow right by me.  It's funny cause I think they sometimes need the quicker satisfaction.  He's struggling right now w/ the whole pureed thing just wanting to bite into something normal.  I am trying to encourage him and remind him that he's 1/2 way there.  I worry about him as hard as I think it was for me I think it's even harder for him.

Wow good for you that's awesome doing that far that soon, I wasn't walking that far at only a week out that's for sure.  I am doing a 5 mile for Breast Cancer next month, it should be a great day. I'm happy to help in anyway I can, there have been wonderful people from here helping me along the way and I just to do what I can to help others out. Keep up the great work! Gwen

Girl ..
on 9/23/07 12:24 pm - MA
Do you mean that all the surgeons were much older then you?  Do you prefer a surgeon who is younger?  The one at our meeting was probably in her thirties.  I hear there is a female plastics doctor in Framingham who is very good as well.  Over the months I have seen many people here reccommend her. 
shannewc
on 9/27/07 7:58 am
Gwen, yeah what is up with that!!!!!!! that is great I lost 23 pounds in a month. I can't waite till my diet advancement it is Tuesday (yeah, yeah) Is Steve feeling good? I don't know but I feel like I cannot break the 23 pound mark it has been like a week and I am starting to think maybe this won't work for me is that possible? is this normal? Well Gwen I a so happy for Steve and you.....WOW that is awesome you look great!!!! Good luck to both of you it is awesome that you guys have each other that is a wonderful support system. Take care Gwen and tell Steve to take it easy!!!   Shannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views