Help With Plastic Surgery

Big_Ticket
on 9/18/07 9:20 am - Billerica, MA
I was wondering if any of you had any info on Plastic Surgery... I've looked into it a little, but  was looking to get a little feedback, possible from some people who have had it done or know people who have... Things like where you had it done, how much out of pocket, how much insurance covered, & how long you were out of work.... Any information any of you have would be greatly appreciated...
sandy B.
on 9/19/07 4:29 am
MY mother had her arms@ belly done. insurance does not pay for the arms and it is very hard to get them to pay for any thing we just sent an apeal letter for her belly it is very expensive. she had hers done in boston by Dr Borud at beth isreal he is very good. recovery  time is about 6 weeks.
-Sandy

352/296/150
RNY 1/23/2007

M M
on 9/20/07 6:33 am
OMG, Sandy!  First I've seen you post!  :) 
jereyes
on 9/20/07 6:36 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I had a lower body lift on July 27th.  The LBL addresses the belly, outer thighs and butt.  Insurance would not cover anything except for my hernia repair and the over night stay at the hospital.  My total cost out of pocket was about $7,500.00.  I was out of work for about 4 weeks.  I would like a breast lift and implants done this summer.  I have no idea how much it will cost and the recovery time I think is about three weeks.  My arms and thighs I can live with and I would like my face done a few years down the road.  The best way to find out about PS is to consult with them personally.
~ Stylz ~
on 9/28/07 2:47 pm - North of Boston, MA
7500 is much less than I thought for a lower body lift, you've given me hope!  :)  lol  who did your lbl? are you happy with the results?  how was the recovery? I live close to Tyngsboro and work in Lowell. 

~Stylz~  
post - op 261.2/current 124.2/goal 125

~~~  down 137 pounds  ~~~

LESS HALF THE PERSON I USE TO BE 

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

jereyes
on 9/29/07 5:29 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I had gotten a wide range of prices for a LBL. from 4 different PS.  I decided to go to Dr. Peter Gee in Stoneham and I had the LBL done at Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Medford.   He works at many hospitals but Lawrence Memorial was the cheapest and I had my WLS done there. My insurance covered my hospital sty because Dr. Gee also repaired a hernia at the same time. At this point I am happy with my results since I had it done about 8 weeks ago.  I still have some swelling in my abdominal area.  The recovery was lot easier than I thought.  I had very little swelling when I wore my binder.  I had my drains removed on day 6.  I had all dressingings removed after two weeks and I felt fine after the first 5-7 days except a little bit stiff.I am planning to go back to him this summer to have a BL/BA.  He does not combine surgeries like most PS will.  I assumed he would have done both procedures at the sam time and he said he wouldn't.  But that was okay with me.Feel free to ask me any other questions and good luck on your journey. Janet
~ Stylz ~
on 10/3/07 11:03 am - North of Boston, MA
thanks for the information!  I've tried googling him, but nothing really comes up.  Is there a link for a webpage?  I'd love to see before and after pictures of his work! My goal was under 130lbs and also to pay off my car, now that I've achieved both I want to look into surgery.  How long were you out of work?  do you regret it?  were there a lot of restrictions when you had it done? thanks for the information! :)

~Stylz~  
post - op 261.2/current 124.2/goal 125

~~~  down 137 pounds  ~~~

LESS HALF THE PERSON I USE TO BE 

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

jereyes
on 10/5/07 8:24 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Dr. Gee's website is Massachusetts Cosmetic Surgery.com.  He has no before and after pictures posted on his website.  He has alot of information on surgical procedures and his staff.  You would need to go in for a consultation appointment to see before and after photos. Congratulations on your weight loss.  i was out of work for 4 1/2 weeks.  I work at a school so I went back when school started.  If I had an office job I probably could have gone back after 2-3 weeks.  I do not regret having surgery at all.  I feel better, look better and my clothes fit correctly.  The only resrictions I had was not to lift anything heavier than a pound for 2 weeks.  I had to either stand or lay on my back for three weeks.  That was the hardest thing to get used too.  I had to take it easy for about three weeks.  I was feeling well and I helped my son clean his room real well and then I was really sore the next day.  No major problems.  Good luck on your journey and feel free to ask me any other questions.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views