Warm Water Pool

AshleyShea
on 9/16/07 8:10 am
Hi! I'm wondering if any of you would be able to help me. I'm trying to find a warm water therapy pool for a friend of mine. She lives south of Boston. She needs the water to be at least 87 degrees. Most "warm water" pools only heat up to 82 degrees. This temp makes her muscles tighten up so that she's in a lot of pain. If you know of a warm water therapy pool in the area but aren't sure about the water temp, I'd still be interested. I can look them up, make some calls and see. Thanks for your help!
obeseforever
on 9/16/07 9:45 am - Agawam, MA
I know that some of the YMCAs have the warm water pools along with their regular pool. I just finished several therapy sessions for my arthritis and fibromyalgia at the one in Wilbraham - its temperature was 91-92 degrees, felt wonderful, and really helped. It was prescribed by my neurologist, *****ferred me to a HealthSouth physical therapist who first evaluated me and then sent me for the therapy. Perhaps she could call the local YMCA and see where the closest is? Oh, I forgot - you don't have to get a YMCA membership if it's prescribed by a MD. if you do it on your own you can either just pay for a few sessions or get a membership. Good luck!
Kathy

steambacker
on 9/18/07 8:49 am - Hull, MA
Hello,   There's a YMCA in Hanover and Quincy
RNY surgery 05/23/07  Starting weight:  310
Right before operation: 279  Current weight:  117 Goal:  150
AshleyShea
on 9/18/07 9:25 am
After your two posts, I've started looking into YMCA's in my area. I have found a couple that say they have warm water pools. I'll just have to call to find out their definition of "warm water". Thanks so much for your help! I hadn't thought that the Y would offer this.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views