We're home

honeymoo
on 9/14/07 9:22 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Just popping into say hello.  Steve and I got back on island yesterday afternoon, it was a long day for him and thankfully he slept alot last night.  He's doing well today although the pain meds screwed w/ him and he stopped taking them but otherwise he's doing well. I'm glad to be home and am glad to have the weekend to settle back in before I head back to work Monday.  Thanks everyone for your support! Gwen

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

Julie ~
on 9/14/07 10:18 am
honeymoo
on 9/14/07 10:31 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Hi Julie Thanks I will tell him, I told him he should checck out the Men's forum we'll see ...How are you feeling?  Congrats to you too! Gwen

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

KatKat
on 9/15/07 1:56 am

Hi Gwen

Glad to hear you're back at home and all is well!  It was great seeing you this week.  Let me know when you'll be back in town for Steve's next appointments!

Kathleen

honeymoo
on 9/15/07 2:46 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Hi Kat! It was great seeing you and Cher, how was the game even though we lost?  We are coming up next Friday for Steve's 1st follow up and my year appt.  Then we should find out when he goes for diet advancement.  Hope all is well. Gwen

shannewc
on 9/16/07 4:10 am
Gwen,  Glad to hear all went well, he should be feeling better and better every day know. Tell him it took 1 week and alot of walking but I have no pain (thank god) thought about him alot last week, wanted to ask Dr. G when I saw him Friday, but I didn't know your last name, I was getting a little nervous looked for posts from you, but never saw any. Anyway glad he is home and doing well. Tell him enjoy those nasty flinstone vitamins      Shannon
honeymoo
on 9/17/07 3:34 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Hey Shannon!   How are you?  Kat posted for me after I saw her and Cher Monday night.  Steve laughed when I read him the part about the vitamins, he hates them!  He loved them as a kid and said boy have they changed!  He's doing pretty good, he stopped taking the pain meds cause of how they made him feel then late yesterday he got really light headed so I had him drink some lite and fit OJ and a little while later he had a sugar free Jello.  I think the key for him being a guy and they lose so fast will be to have a few bites every couple of hours.  I did well with just the 3 meals but he's different.  As far as pain that's been good for him too, he takes 1 Tylenol every few hours but other than that he's good.  He hates the ketosis and the nasty breath and taste, I told him to get used to it.  We go this Friday for his follow up and my 1 year.  Did they tell you when you go for diet advancement? Hope everything is going well! Gwen

Cher B.
on 9/17/07 6:38 am - MA
Hey Gwen,   Glad to hear Steve is doing well.  Is he counting down the days to diet advancement?  I know I was sure glad when I wasn't limited to puree.   It was great to see you while you were here.  The game was fun despite the fact we lost (even after having a 5 run lead) ~Cher
honeymoo
on 9/17/07 11:30 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Hey there! It's funny he hasn't really minded this stage too much YET although he is craving fresh fruit.  It was great to see you, oh yeah PM me your address and I'll send some clothes your way.  I'm glad you guys had fun, I was thinking of you. Gwen

Cher B.
on 9/18/07 11:36 pm - MA

Fresh fruit would be good blended into a protien shake so maybe he can get that fruit fix after all.  Sending you a pm.  Thanks! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views