help...anyone that has had surgery.. i'm 8 months out

nikkiy4771
on 9/12/07 9:09 am - northbridge, MA
I'm not 8 months out and I have lost 161 lbs I have 40 lbs to go but it's not coming off. i have been eating more things with protein but the weight and scale is staying the same it's been a month now.. i shouldn't of stopped losing weight yet can I??? have anyone have this problem. my body has change and i stopped losing my hair.. i was to be smaller than what i am. i started at 320 and now 179 and saying what should I do ....??? please help
Richard
on 9/12/07 10:04 am - MA
Revision on 01/06/14
How is your activity level? Weight loss is about calories in and calories out. When you go without fuel for a while your body can react by slowing you down. For me the best way to break a plateau is to increase my activity level. Good Luck!
jereyes
on 9/12/07 11:03 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I had this problem at around 7 months and I did not lose any weight for 8 weeks.  I find when I changed my food and exercise routine around the weight loss would start up again.  It is normal to hit weight loss stalls along the way.  Congratulations on your weight loss.
Cher B.
on 9/12/07 11:19 am - MA
161 lbs in 8 months is 20 lbs per month....that is ahead of the curve.  Stalls are normal...you aren't done losing.  Keep up the exercise and don't forget to take your measurements...you could be losing inches eventhough the scale isn't moving.
DDBEAR458
on 9/13/07 1:03 am - WORCESTER, MA

im 8 months out too and whenever i start feeling like i'm not losing ENOUGH, i stop and start feeling GRATEFUL that i had this absolutely wonderful surgery.  it is truly a GIFT from HIM that we had this and then i feel grateful that i have lost the 80 pounds that i've lost because without this surgery, i would have lost nothing and would have been bigger than ever.  try to be happy with what you've lost and not what you haven't lost.  you are doing wonderful.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views