New to this... and very nervous

mommyto3
on 9/12/07 2:43 am
Hi everyone.. I just made the appointment for my initial meeting with Dr. Randall on Dec. 3rd. I have been reading all of your messages and stories and they are truly inspirational. I am very nervous but very excited at the same time. The meer thought of being thin makes me want to jump out of my skin and do a jig.. I am very afraid of the possible side effects especially losing my hair, but I guess some things are worth going thru to be able to walk into any store  and buy anything I want. My dream is being able to shop in Ann Taylor and not have people assume I am shopping for a gift for someone else. I really have no idea what I am in for since I have not received any literature yet from my dr's office. Hopefully some of you can let me in on what I am in for.
txbunny930
on 9/12/07 4:18 am - MA

Dr. Randall has his support group meeting on Thursday, Sept. 20th at 6:30 at Lawrence Memorial Hospital's School of Nursing.  Come join us.  As for what you're in for, it's the best roller coaster ride I've ever been on.  While there is hair loss, I have yet to see anyone lose enough hair to have gone bald or need a wig.  It still is happening to me but not to where anyone else notices but me.  While the surgery is a tool, the support is what will KEEP you where you need to be at.  I've been going to the meetings for over 2 years now and I had the surgery 9 months ago today.  I'm down over 100 lbs now and I never thought it would happen to me.  I've gone from a size 24/26 to a size 8 as of this morning.  Just know that there are things that having this surgery you'll have to trade off for.  Like how fast you go from one size to another.  Or that you'll have baggy/saggy skin.  For me, I've lost where my @ss and boobs went..... lol 

Once you've had the surgery with Dr. Randall, you'll be family to him.  He takes such good care of each of us. 

Welcome to our group of support.  Hope to see you at the next meeting.  I'll be speaking about the Walk From Obesity so you'll find out wo I am rather quickly..... lol

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

mommyto3
on 9/12/07 4:45 am
Wow 100lbs is amazing.. congratulations!! I am hoping that I will lose that and more.. Did you ever have plastic surgery to get rid of the saggy/baggy skin? Is it a hinderence under your clothes/bathingsuit etc...? I was thinking of joining the support groups but was unsure if I could do that before I actually had the surgery.. hopefully I will be able to meet alot of the people that I have read info from.
txbunny930
on 9/12/07 5:04 am - MA
You do NOT have to have had surgery or have met with Dr. Randall to join the support group.  He opens this to anyone who wants to come.  That's why we love him so much.  So PLEASE come. I'm still losing and will make it to my goal w/o a problem.  My problem is that I'm already thin and don't think I really need to lose any more.  Can you imagine that?  Saying that you don't need to lose any more?  Amazing! No, no plastics for me.  I've earned my bags and sags..... lol  I'm 52 years old and plastics are something I cannot afford or think I really need to do.  I just roll up my boobs and fill my bra..... lol  The clothes really conceal everything pretty well.  There are those that like the thought of plastics and it's a good choice for them.  I'm not one to want to go under a knife again any time soon.  5 surgeries in my life and this one took a long time for me to decide to do and the best thing I've ever done for myself.  I did it for my health and because I wanted to look good.  So I've accommplished both. Do you live in Medford?

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

mommyto3
on 9/12/07 6:22 am
LOL I almost fell out of my seat on that rolling of the boobs comment.. I really cant wait to do it.. and I will definitely try to make the meeting  Hopefully someday I can say I am "too thin" God what I wouldn't do for that to be the problem... I actually live in Bradford MA, but I work in Woburn, so Medford is not too far away..
lindsay082902
on 9/12/07 7:00 am - everett, MA
Hey there, I had surgery with dr. Randell in june. I have been successful with no complications so far, You will love him and the group that he works with. Good luck on your journey. lindsay

mommyto3
on 9/12/07 7:40 am

Hi lindsay

Thanks for the info, I am very excited to do this.. I called them to see if they would put my name onto a cancellation list. I think I want to do it before I get too nervous to go thru with it.. your kids are adorable and I am very glad this is working for you.. I want to make sure i am around for my kids in the future, so I have to make this work for me..

M M
on 9/13/07 10:55 am
Where on earth is Bradford?!  Out west?  Welcome, BTW.  :)
mommyto3
on 9/14/07 2:43 am
hi meltingmamaish no its part of Haverhill
Joanne N.
on 9/12/07 8:44 am
Hi, I had my surgery with Dr. Randall too.  You're going to love him!  The support group meetings are set up in 2 separate rooms---pre op and post op.  Towards the end of the meeting he has both groups meet together.  The support group meeting will help you so much while you're waiting for your appointment with him.  By the way, when you go to his office for the first time plan on being there a looonnnnggg time.  He runs late but is so worth the wait.  Hope to see you next Thursday. Joanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views