Protein

Girl ..
on 9/3/07 12:25 am - MA
I have been using Designer Whey that I get at Trader Joe's.   I also purchased some pre-made bottles of Isopure that are convenient, but kind of remind me of koolaid.  They aren't cheap either.   But I heard that I should have multiple choices because my tastes may change after surgery.   Where do you get the EAS? Which is your favorite protein drink? Julie
sunnymoonx
on 9/3/07 10:36 am - cape cod, MA
I'vr brrn using the GNC whey protein. If you buy a golod card from GNC ($5) you can get 20% off  your purchase from the 1st to the 7th of every month. I got me a big 6 lb bucket of chocolate saturday that was normally $59 and it cost me $39 after the sale and my 20% off. they also have smaller bags you can try so you dont have to spend a fortune on the bigger ones only to hate it. I never cared for the Nectar protein. I prefer the milk shake testure of choc, vanilla and strawberry. its trial and error. see what you like, play with. get some sugar free syrups to add to it and find out what your pouch likes best.

~Debbie~

~~Here's mah Blog~~
   Through Thick n Thin

Girl ..
on 9/3/07 10:51 am - MA
I found I did not like the nectars as much as the designer whey - but I am going to have a week's supply on hand because I think I have to stay away from milk for a few days.  The idea of a watery chocolate whey shake doesn't strike me is a yum moment. 
sunnymoonx
on 9/3/07 11:47 pm - cape cod, MA
try making your shakes with 4oz water instead of the 6 or 8 oz recommended. it makes it thicker like a shake and more yum

~Debbie~

~~Here's mah Blog~~
   Through Thick n Thin

Girl ..
on 9/5/07 10:48 am - MA
Thanks for the tip
Lori D.
on 9/7/07 5:26 am - Chelsea, MA
I personally didn't like the Whey protein drinks - I use EAS (they are very inexpensive, Walmart as them for $5.00 for 4) or I use powder mix from www.smartforme.com - just mix them with water and you're set to go - great tasting too!
ShadowLightLady
on 9/8/07 6:58 am - Lowell, MA
Wal-mart has EAS protein powder. They also carry Body Fortess in chocolate and vanilla. I've tried both and prefer the Body Fortess chocolate. If you try the EAS powder and like it, BJ's carries very large tubs of it.
Girl ..
on 9/9/07 9:10 am - MA
Thanks for the info!   How are you doing Shadowlightlady?  Youmust be trying all sorts of other foods by now...
ShadowLightLady
on 9/9/07 1:06 pm - Lowell, MA
I just had my 6 week appointment. I'm on regular food now. Since surgery I've lost 43.5 pounds. The foods are what I ate pre-op at the moment. Lots of meats and protein sources. But I can finally have fruit again! Yay! Things are going well and I've keeping my fingers crossed for you on the 18th!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views