FRUSTRATED

april116
on 8/30/07 2:45 am

I am in the Umass program, just waiting for a call back for the Surgical Consult. It has been almost 2 1/2 weeks since I have gotten the approval to move forward and still no phone call.  I think I am going to lose my mind with all of this waiting. Just had to vent because I am trying to be so good with eating and exercising but I am losing focus because I am not a patient person.  Does anybody have any words of advise? Thanks April

txbunny930
on 8/30/07 3:28 am - MA
The journey to the loser's bench has been a long haul for most of us.  Some have had to wait years between insurance approves, denials, appeals, etc.  It's something worth being patient over and you'll get there.  Just focus on how fun it'll be when you start to get the weight off and be able to wear fun clothes again, etc.  The waiting can be frustrating, trust me, I know.  But all worth waiting for.  2 1/2 weeks is nothing.  It's the week before a holiday and everyone is on vacation mode.   Congrats on your decision to do this.

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

bariatricpt
on 8/30/07 7:31 am - BOSTON METRO WEST, MA
Hi, I certainly identify with your problem.  I was in the identical situation last month - limbo. so, I typed a letter to my prospective surgeon.  I explained what my cir****tances were and told him why I needed to have the surgery in early August- just a few weeks away. (I had already been approved by my insurer, met with all required staff, and attended all of the requisite meetings.)  I made no complaints; I praised his staff, and him, and asked if he could possibly find a cancellation or any way to schedule me ASAP.  Two days later, I got a call from one of the nurses offering to move my surgery from a distant date to exactly what I needed.  I was delighted.  I am almost 4 weeks postop and I  feel great.  If I had not written, I would be 30 lbs. heavier than today and still awaiting surgery. So, this is a suggestion  may help you.  Good luck!
Dawn the Twinsmom
on 8/30/07 7:49 am - Worcester, MA
I went thru the Umass program, and it is usually about 3 weeks forthem to get to you with the date for your surgical consult. I know at least one of the surgeons currently is on Vacation. Dawn

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life.

It_is_SO_happening
on 8/31/07 12:36 am - MA
Im in the same boat hun!! I am with the Beth israel Deaconess center and they ARE AWESOME but I wont get my date until 2 wks.!! the waiting game sure does suck though!! ahhhh patience is a virtue i guess good luck and keep me posted! I just found the Mass forums and wouldl ove to meet new people goign through this!!!
april116
on 8/30/07 11:18 am
Thank you,  I needed to hear this today. I am really happy that I found this site and there are wonderful people that have been where I am and can help me over this. April
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views