1 Year Surgiversary

honeymoo
on 8/23/07 11:17 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Wow what a wonderful year it's been.  I can't believe a year ago today at this time I was being rolled into surgery about to start my new life.  Thankfully I haven't had any problems.  I am down 140pds, walking 4-5 miles at least 5 days a week, I can cross my legs, paint my own toe nails, run (okay not miles but at least part on one) and many other wonderful things.  My blood sugar and blood pressure are normal and most of all I am only obese and hopefully soon even that will change.   Now in only two weeks my wonderful husband will begin his journey to a new self.  This surgery is one of the best things to ever happen to me and I look forward to seeing all the wonderful things that he will experience and to enjoying new experiences with him. I know I haven't been around much (doesn't help that my home puter died) but life is too much fun now to spend it inside sitting on the computer.  I have to thank so many people on here that have helped me though this 1st year, I couldn't have done it w/o the help of most of the people here on OH and the wonderful people from here in MA (especially through NW).  I'll be taking new pics today and hope to have them up soon after. To the newbies welcome, it's an amazing journey one you hopefully will not regret I know I haven't. Gwen

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

Girl ..
on 8/24/07 1:50 am - MA
Congrats!  You have a great outlook and attitude...
honeymoo
on 8/24/07 2:03 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Thanks!  Pretty soon it will be your time too.  It's an amazing ride, hold on tight.   and good luck to you Gwen

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

Lauryn
on 8/24/07 2:51 am - Abington, MA
Gwen, Congratulations!  I'm so happy for you (and me) for having the courage to lift yourself up out of the craziness and to boldly step into this beautiful new life!  It is so great that your husband will be soon on his way to a healthier life with you.   May God continue to Bless you both on your journey together, Laurie
honeymoo
on 8/24/07 10:46 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Thank you, it's an amazing time in my life.  Hope you are doing well on your journey

Cher B.
on 8/24/07 10:46 am - MA
Wow Gwen...you have done amazing!  You have inspired me since I first discovered this board and you still do! 
honeymoo
on 8/24/07 11:32 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
awww Thank you Cher.   It because of the wonderful people like you that I have met along the way that have helped me get where this far in my journey.   BTW you are doind fantastic, hopefully we can hook up when I'm up there in a few weeks

KatKat
on 8/25/07 1:12 pm
Wow... has it really been a year?  I remember reading your profile when I first joined OH, and I would check it daily for updates!  You truly are a success story, and I'm sure Steve is inspired by you!  Looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks!  Keep up the fabulous work!!

Kathleen

honeymoo
on 8/27/07 12:34 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Hey Kat Thank you, I can barely believe myself that it has been a year already.  Do you have my cell #?  Let me know otherwise I will email it to you so we can get together.

Julie ~
on 8/27/07 3:06 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views