massachsetts

bostonirish06
on 8/17/07 5:10 am - saugus, MA
COULD ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THEY KNOW OF  A GASTRIC BYPASS SURGEON IN THE BOSTON AREA THAT ACCEPTS MEDICARE? I AM HAVING A HARD TIME. THANK YOU
Monica B.
on 8/17/07 10:33 pm - Emery, SD

Having been in the medical profession for 30+ years, it has been my experience that all doctors accept Medicare. (Maybe not PS as much of these procedures are self pay). Call the Medicare office or local hospital admin offices. Good luck

steambacker
on 8/18/07 8:09 am - Hull, MA
I love Dr Hess and highly recommend him.  He works out of both Boston Medical Center and Quincy Medical Center.  The operation is at Boston Medical Center for either one that you go to.  His office in Quincy's # is  617-328-4030. I believe he does accept Medicare.   I just adore this man and he does excellent work.
RNY surgery 05/23/07  Starting weight:  310
Right before operation: 279  Current weight:  117 Goal:  150
marieh
on 8/18/07 10:32 pm - So. Easton, MA
I was lucky to be operated on by Dr. Donald T. Hess in Boston. He's at BMC and QMC, and as Jenn said, he only operates out of the boston hospital. He is absolutely wonderful and quite skilled. Both my PCP and my cardiologist recommended him for me.   I saw that you're in Saugus. I *think* I've seen posts from pepole that Lahey has  a bariatric group too.  If you're set on Boston, then go for Dr. Hess. NEMC has one too, but I chose Hess because of his track record, His mortality rate is ZERO.  That was all I needed to hear.  Good luck! Marie

bostonirish06
on 8/19/07 8:20 am - saugus, MA

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE INFO. I AM GOING TO GIVE DR. HESS A CALL TOMORROW. WISH ME LUCK AND GOOD LUCK IN QUEST ALSO! BARBARA

scojo58
on 8/21/07 1:51 am - Methuen, MA
Hi, I'm using Dr. Ameri out of Winchester Hospital.  He's very hands on and very personable. I'm having my surgery on Sept 10th.  He runs a support group every 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Jenks Center, 109 Skillings Rd, Winchester from 7-9.   The next meeting is scheduled for Tues, Sept 11th.  You should definitely check it out.   Hope this helps! Joanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views