NWH Diet Advancement

Ann K.
on 8/15/07 11:19 pm - Holbrook, MA
I had my Lap RNY on 7/30 and I go to the diet advancement appointment on 8/30.  I'm wondering, is this a one on one appointment with the nutritionist or a group meeting like the blended diet meeting?  Do you see the doctor that day?  How long is the diet advancement appointment? Sorry, I should have asked these questions when I was in the office... Ann
Lap RNY 7/30/07
Newton Wellesley Hospital
Dr. Gazmuri
honeymoo
on 8/15/07 11:39 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA

Hi Ann Congrats on your surgery.  It is usually a group appointment, I think there were like 6 people or so in mine, I believe I did see the Dr that day but not positive.  I would say plan on being there for 1 1/2 hrs, give the office a call and ask it can't hurt.  I was just at the blended diet review w/ my hubby and Nancy was going over how long each of the different appts are and I tuned out until she got to 1 year as I wanted to know how long I would be there when I go. You must  be itching to move forward at this point.  My hubby will actually be up there on the 30th for all his pre-op stuff.

Good Luck

Gwen

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

Ann K.
on 8/15/07 11:50 pm - Holbrook, MA
Thanks, Gwen.  I can't wait to be off the blended diet.  If I have one more bowl of soup I'll be sick.  I've had an easy time so far (no dumping or vomiting).  I just had one day that I drank a protein drink too fast (and I think it had too much air in it from the froth on top) and my stomach hurt for hours.  I've had a hard time drinking the protein drinks since then but Dr. G. told me not to worry about the protein for the first month. Do you ever go to the support meetings?  I just went to the 0-6 month one last week. Ann
Lap RNY 7/30/07
Newton Wellesley Hospital
Dr. Gazmuri
honeymoo
on 8/15/07 11:59 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Oh how I hated frothy stuff made me feel like I was going to   Milk protein shakes were not my friend  I still like ones that use water and not milk.  I keep going over ideas w/ my hubby as to what kind of stuff he wants in the house.  He is soo not a cook at all! I try to go to support meetings when I am up there.  There is a 0-6 month one the night of my hubby's surgery which I may go to even though I'm a year out.  It's a good way to get grounded again and sometimes it helps people that aren't too far out to know what it can be like a year or so later. Gwen

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

KellyMASS
on 8/16/07 2:35 am - MA
Hi Ann and Gwen.... I'll also be there on 8/30 @11:30 to see the NUT for my 5th month on the supervised diet . Maybe I'll see you guys there .
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

honeymoo
on 8/16/07 3:18 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Hi Kelly Sorry I won't be there I am sending hubby on his onesies for his pre-op and final weigh in, figure better for me to save my vacation time for when he has surgery.  You are doing great so far, keep it up!

KellyMASS
on 8/17/07 12:21 am - MA
I understand about saving those vacation days .. my husband has been saving his last week for when I have surgery .. Hopefully In November
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views