Need help finding DR in MA

SweetRed69
on 8/15/07 12:03 am - Middleboro, MA
Hello all.. Im looking for a Bariatric Surgeon in MA.. I live in Middleboro (About 45mins So. of Boston) I want to have RNY.. I have been to Dr's about this, and currently am seeing one, that has been no help at all.. I'm looking for a new Dr, Im also looking for one that doesnt require a weight loss before surgery (Example.. lose 10-20% of weight before we even talk about surgery) I know some do a diet a few days/week before.. that is totally fine.. Im on meds that make me gain weight.. Im told I will be taken off them if I get WLS, but till then I need the pills.. So trying to lose weight BEFORE surgery is kind of a killer for me :( Right now, Im on a super diet just to keep the weight gain from the pills off.. Thanks for your time and any info you feel like sharing :)
stephanie1977
on 8/15/07 2:47 am - Roxbury, MA
I can recommend HIGHLY dr. sheldon randall at the Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Medford.  Yes a troop from Middleboro but WELL worth it.  I had my surgery 18 months ago and have lost from my highest weight to now a total of 156 lbs.  I had sleep apnea and my legs swelled all the time but I was fortunate that I did not have any co-morbidities.  So I have lost and I continue to have success.  I have had a set back this past month, but thank GOD for the support of my surgeon, nutritionist, and support group members because I know I will be okay.  His support meetings are the STRONGEST and most supportive I have heard of or attended. His office # is 781-306-6166. Our next support meeting is August 23 at 6:30 pm at the Lawrence Memorial Hospital School of Nursing which is located right next to the Hospital.  Good strong meeting and lots of information. Join us!!! Stephanie 384/235/220
SweetRed69
on 8/15/07 9:12 am - Middleboro, MA
Its about an hour away so not that bad.. My reg dr is 1 1/2 hours away for my back.. And I see them about every month..lol Thank you very much for the info.. I have some calling to do tomorrow!! :)
honeymoo
on 8/15/07 3:56 am, edited 8/15/07 3:57 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Hi there I highly recommend Newton Wellesley here is their website http://www.newtonwellesleywls.com/Content/ContentCT.asp?P=16 I will be a year out next week and am down almost 140 pds.  All of their staff is great.  They recommend loosing weight prior but the only thing I was told was that I couldn't gain any.  They do not require a pre-op liquid diet, nor bowel prep thankfully.  When you leave the hospital you are on a soft/pureed diet not liquid which is a godsend.   My husband is having his surgery September 13th with them as well.  Any questions please feel free to ask Gwen PS Dr. Thayer who I had has retired but I am following up w/ Dr. Gazmuri who my hubby also has

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

SweetRed69
on 8/15/07 9:14 am - Middleboro, MA
Thank you very much.. this is about 50mins away.. I think I saw their website before when I was looking for a dr way back.. I decided to get someone close to home .. Ugh Thanks for replying.. and wish your husband much luck!!
Joanne N.
on 8/15/07 9:29 am
Hi, I  suggest Dr. Sheldon Randall as well.  He has a practice and Lawrence Memorial AND Metro West Medical Center in Natick.  I hope this helps! Joanne
mommygarvey
on 8/15/07 11:16 am
i highly recommend newton-wellesley doctors partidge and gazmuri. they are the most wonderful, caring doctors. i have dr partidge and my husband has dr gazmuri. i can tell you that they are truly there for you whenever you need them. they do not require any liquid diets before hand but sometimes the insurance company is the one *****quires a 6 month period meeting with the nutritionist every month/ or liquid diet for a certain period of time. the only thing that the doc told me was not to gain an ounce. they want to know you have a plan and of course they want to see you make an effort before the surgery because this is not just an easy fix....its a life change. every bite you eat ask yourself....is this going to benefit me in any way? of course they take into consideration the meds you are on and work with you along the way. i cant say enough about this practice....the office staff, the nurse practitioner, the nutritionists, the therapists....a truley superior team.  i HIGHLY recommend going to meet with them. the next new patient info meeting is on aug 30th at 630 in the Allen Riddle building up at the top of the hill behind the hospital. i went to tufts in boston and met them too before making my decision...... let me know if you have any further questions laurie
Ann K.
on 8/15/07 11:08 pm - Holbrook, MA
Just another vote for Newton Wellesley.  I had my Lap RNY on July 30; Dr. Gazmuri is my doctor and I love him!  The other people in the office (NP Tina, nurses Renee and Nancy, nutritionist Linda) are wonderful too.  My experience with the practice and the hospital has been great!  I'm down 20 pounds since my surgery! Ann
LITTLE_OLD_ME
on 8/16/07 4:12 am - FRANKLIN, MA
Another vote for NWH.  I can't say enough about their wonderful care.  I love Dr. Gazmuri and would do whatever he tells me to.  Everyone there is wonderful!
txbunny930
on 8/16/07 6:32 am - MA
After a long time of researching surgeon's in the area, I went with Dr. Sheldon Randall.  He's been doing this surgery for over 22 years and is the best in this field.  As Stephanie mentioned above, he has a great support team that back him and support us.  Weight loss for this surgery will depend on any surgeon which would be for your health.  While Dr. Randall did not have me lose any weight prior to the surgery, he did not want me gaining any weight.  He's all about your health and what it takes for you to be a success at becoming healthy.  I just cannot begin to tell you just how supportive this surgeon is as well as the time he takes with our care.  From emails to phone calls, he personally makes sure you're taken care of. Good luck on your search.

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views