waiting date and feeling like every thing I eat it will be for the last time

rickysbride
on 8/12/07 4:03 am - springfield, MA

I am going to dr on Friday to set my date for surgery.  However, I seem to be eat more than I should. It like every food I eat, I feel like this is the last time I am going to eat this.    That feeling is making me eat more than I should.    I dont want to gain weight this week , I am worried if I don't show more weight lose it may stop me from getting a date.   But I am having a hard time sticking to my diet when I feel that these are my last meals.   Did anyone else experience this issue or I am I totally crazed? Help

LITTLE_OLD_ME
on 8/12/07 8:53 am - FRANKLIN, MA
It's completely normal to feel that way. Please remember that you WILL be able to eat almost everything again one day.  YOu just won't be able to eat as much.  The only things I don't eat now that I used to are sodas and sugar.  I am a year out and I can eat ANYTHING else.  So you will eat it again, it will just be a while.  I wish you the best!
Kim S.
on 8/13/07 1:30 am - North of Boston, MA
It is very normal but here's what I did:  I allowed myself one last absolute favorites meal.  I sat down and thought about which food I just wanted to savor the most.  First I thought of my favorite restaurants and started to make plans.  Then I thought of junk/fast food which would surely be out of bounds after surgery.  Finally I realized there was NO food I wanted more than I wanted to stick to my preop diet and have my surgery so I skipped it altogether. And you know what? There is no food I can't eat in moderation.  Some things, like a Big Mac, I just don't crave any more, some things, like french fries, aren't worth the space they take up in my much smaller stomach and some things, like my favorite restaurant meals, are still just fine I just eat less of them. Keep your eyes on the prize and good luck,
Kim

Down 95+ pounds and still trucking along

ShadowLightLady
on 8/13/07 3:19 am - Lowell, MA

This is  perfectly normal feeling. I went through this as well. My center calls it the "Last supper" syndrome. My NUT says after surgery there are no limits on what food, just how much. You will be able to have your favorite meals again, just in a low fat, no sugar type of way.  My big crave is Pizza. But I wanted my surgery more than a slice. Makes matters worse, my husband works at a pizza place. He comes home smelling like it. Find something you really want to do after surgery, (mine is salsa dancing) and think about that before you eat those foods that aren't on your pre-op diet. This helped me too. As well as measuring my food and a food log to hold myself accountable.

Ladyt26
on 8/14/07 11:34 am - Franklin, MA
Hi! I am having the same issue!  I am finding it's difficult to keep on track especially since I do not have my surgery date yet (I should have my date in Oct).  I have been doing ok w/ my pre-op diet so far, but it's definitely going sloooooow!  Sometimes I'll think about certain foods **** cream in this case) and I'll think - "Oh  no!!  I won't be able to have this again!!" but on my better days I just suck it up and realize that I need to stay on track and do this for my health...it's fas less important for me to have that ice cream in the freezer.  It's still very hard...but it's part of our new life and mind-set.    Hang in there....you can do it...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views