help me please I feel lost

tooyoungtobefat
on 8/9/07 11:49 am - ipswich, MA
Does anyone know of a support group in or near Ipswich? Does anyone know a good Surgeon in Beverly or Salem?  has anyone had the lap bands?
collkolo1327
on 8/9/07 12:43 pm
There is a surgeon in salem his name is Dr. Buckley he is on highland ave in salem near the hospital.  I saw him yest. for my first visit he is very nice and explained both the LB and the GB in lenght I am also going with the Lapband. There is a support group in Salem this month, call Pat. Basile Ohearn R.N. at salem hospital she runs the program and she can help you.
tooyoungtobefat
on 8/9/07 10:56 pm - ipswich, MA
Thank you so much for getting back to me.. do you happen to know where and when the support groups is this month? do you know if I can go even tho I don't have a Dr yet? thank you again  Julie
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/07 11:33 am - Zimbabwe
Hi Julie. I had lapband surgery on 4/2 and have lost 58 pounds! I love my band!
tooyoungtobefat
on 8/10/07 12:09 pm - ipswich, MA
Hi  thank you for writing back.. I have  a little over 100lbs to lose.. is this still the way to go? how many fills have you had? can you feel the port? do you know if I can go to a support group even tho I don't have a Dr yet? thank you for your help..
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/07 12:48 am - Zimbabwe

To qualify for the band or bypass you need to be at least 100 pounds overweight, so ever bandster I know had at least that much to lose. Yes, go to as many support meetings  as you can. You'll get to talk to both bandsters and bypass patients. I had my 3rd fill on Thursday. No, I can't feel or see my port and I'm in NORMAL size clothes. I can shop at Ann Taylor or any other regular store. May I suggest you going to the main and Lapband boards. Introduce yourself and ASK as many questions  as you can think of. Once you've gathered info, you'll feel better about the decision you make. All WLS work, just like all diets work...you just have to find the one that works for you. Good luck. I was exactly where you were a year and a half ago. I gathered as much info and made the best decision for me. By the way, there are also other surgeries that you may want to investigate and all have boards here to talk to people about. There's DS and VGS, too. 

rosieorains
on 8/11/07 3:20 am - MA
Hi, I had my lap Band done on 5/21/07 and have lost 35lbs.  I had it done at Burlington Lahey.  They have 2 physicians and an entire support team that is excellent.  Good luck, if I can answer any other question let me know....Peg

amyj2781
on 8/13/07 2:54 am - salisbury, MA
Hello I live in salisbury which isnt too far from Ipswich.  We're neighbors!  I had surgery a month ago in salem with Dr Kastrinakis (he is an EXCELLENT doctor) And he is in the same office with Dr. Buckley.  The support group meetings are the last monday of every month and there are also informational meetings earlier in the day. That is how i got the process started. It was relatively easy and was only four months from the time i went to the first meeting to the time i was having surgery.  I would definately recommend it! send me a message if you want any more info! good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views