new wardrobe help

mommygarvey
on 8/9/07 3:48 am
hi everyone!!! im going to be going back to work soon and i am in need of getting some new outfits as i go down in sizes. can anyone out there let me know of any consignment shops that they have worked with or any websites that have clothing exchanges(other than this one) i live in the framingham area and would like to give some of my nice professional clothes to others as they change sizes so rapidly as me. any help would be appreciated. thank you...continued success to everyone......
LITTLE_OLD_ME
on 8/9/07 4:30 am - FRANKLIN, MA
Hi.  I can't help you find something that currently exists.  I was bad and just donated my clothes and bought cheap clothes at Walmart, Target and Old Navy as I went down.  But what you can do it talk to Chestnut Surgical.  Every meeting I have been to, they mention how they "should" do another clothing swap.  I guess they used to.  People would show up to the meetings with their clothes early and swap until and after the meeting.  I think the more they hear of the need, the better the chances of it happening.  At only one month out, your clothes size is going to change at least every month if not sooner.  I am only 15 pounds from my goal weight so I have started investing in more expensive clothes. But you should really keep it simple with just a few outfits in every size as you go down.  People will be so supportive that they will hardly notice that you wore the same outfit on monday and thursday.   Best of luck! Nicole
KatKat
on 8/9/07 8:57 am
Hi! I haven't found any consignment shops yet but I need to so I'll be interested to hear any responses you get.  I did want to mention that there are some GREAT deals in the stores right now.  I went to the Natick Mall yesterday and hit paydirt.  I bought 3 pairs of capris and a shirt at Sears for $31.  I got a beautiful Charter Club sweater at Macy's for $9.  The fun part is I don't try stuff on, I just buy a size or 2 smaller than I am now, knowing that I will fit into them soon!  Good luck!

Kathleen

Marianne978
on 8/9/07 2:09 pm - Metrowest, MA

I havent found one yet but in Hudson, MA they have a Salvation Army now I havent personally gone there but I know others who have gone there and clothes are cheap.  Also I went to Macy's the other day and they have TONS of clothes for work that are really good prices, Sears does too. 

Good Luck

mommygarvey
on 8/10/07 1:59 am
GREAT IDEAS LADIES!!! i have also been checking out the sales everywhere. now that i dont eat all the time i find myself shopping all the time. well.....not all the time. i have a couple consignment shops that some ladies from the support group told me about. one in needham and one in framingham. there is even a cute one in sandwich mass (penny lane) that i go to when i am down on the cape. thank you so much for your thoughts and ideas....please continue to let me know of any place or any idea.....i truely thank you
Ladyt26
on 8/14/07 11:53 am - Franklin, MA
Hi...I saw one in Holliston - "Consignment Vault" - 763 Washington St...but I'm not sure how it is inside?? Or if it's still open?  I lived in Holliston over 3 yrs ago....hope that helps.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views