abdominal binder:?

amybgold
on 7/31/07 4:03 am
Can anyone tell me if they used an abdominal binder after surgery?  My surgeon is recommending it now because of the pain I'm having on my left side.  If you used one can you tell me if it was helpful?  What brand was it or style?  Any information would be appreciated! Amy
NancyN
on 7/31/07 5:03 am - MA
Hi Amy! I wore one for the first 2 weeks after surger.  I do have 2 of them, not sure of the brand.  You can have one if you like. Nancy
amybgold
on 7/31/07 10:54 am
Nancy, If you're willing to part with one, I would love to have it!  Perhaps we'll get together for the beach next Monday and you can bring it with you?  Let me know. Thanks for your thoughtfulness! Amy
txbunny930
on 8/1/07 12:38 am - MA

Dr. Randall wanted me to wear one too and I could never find one that would fit me comfortably so I went to the Avenue and purchased a body shaper (high waist panty) that helped support my incision and tummy.  It really made a difference for me.  The binder, for me, made me feel worse.  Try both and see which one you like better.  You can go to Marshall's and get the body shaper at around $12 vs. $24 at the Avenue. 

As your body heals, you'll find that different muscles and nerves come alive again and cause slight pain or discomfort.  It's normal but you still need to call him to make sure what is what.   Good luck.

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views