Question on Platue...

Marianne978
on 7/28/07 1:47 pm - Metrowest, MA

I had my Gastric Bypass surgery on March 5th  (Almost 5 months out) and so far I have lost 64lbs which is awesome!!  BUT my question is that I have  been at this weight for about 6 weeks.  How do I break the platue?  I exercise 4-5 days a week and I get about 1000 calories a day, sometimes a little less.  Has anyone else ever experienced this?  I feel like I am doing everything right but I am not losing anymore.  Is it normal that i would only lose 64lbs?  Dont get me wrong I am THRILLED at what I have lost so far and I look and feel wonderful....I am just looking for some advise one what I can do?

MOJI
on 7/28/07 10:31 pm - worcester, MA
Yes thats sound like me.. I don't know I just kept what I was doing and all of a sudden I was losing a pound a week I lost  about 8 pounds in a  that week now it's  like two pounds a week  normal is about 3 pounds a week
started-280 surgery-255 current-149 goal-135    
14 more lbs to go to reach my goal weight of 135 lbs  - moji-  

Marianne978
on 7/31/07 2:37 pm - Metrowest, MA
Thank you for your response....may be its just me getting nervous and I should just let it ride and see what happens
chinamomma
on 7/31/07 1:55 am - Norton, MA
I am 19 months out from surgery and have lost about 120 lbs.  In the first year I had several plateaus that lasted weeks.  Even when the scale wasn't moving, my body was changing, my clothes fit differently and then all of a sudden the scale would move again.  Recently I hadn't lost weight in months - thought I was finished losing and in the past 2-3 months I lost another 10-15 lbs.  The biggest mistake people seem to make is getting back into the diet mentality and when they hit a platuea, panicking and severely reducing their calories.  We were told in our nutrition classes, pre and post that doing that will start messing with your metabolism again and impact your overall weight loss in a negative way.  Don't worry- if you're excersizing and eating healthy - it will come off.  Just ride out the plateau and all of a sudden you'll see it start dropping again.  Good luck! Eileen
Marianne978
on 7/31/07 2:39 pm - Metrowest, MA
Eileen,  Thank you for your response it helps to know what others have gone threw.  I will just let it ride and stop worring... Thank you again Marianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views