Time frame

Joanne N.
on 7/26/07 7:56 am
Hi,  I had my first appointment with my surgeon in October and had surgery in January.  It sounds like you should be ready to have everything submitted to your insurance company.  Good Luck! Joanne
Girl ..
on 7/28/07 3:37 am - MA
Hello, I went to the Emerson Hospital WLS program (same team as Lowell General).  First appointment was June 18th.  Then a days worth of hospital tests in mid-July.  I also had to lose 13 pounds (have lost 10).  I am just waiting to get the final insurance ok, and I am tentatively scheduled for September 12th.  I might have been able to schedule for August, but my schedule wouldn't allow anything before September 8th.   I do think some wait is a good idea so that you have time to wrap your head around all the requirements and changes.  I am trying to eat now as though I am 6 months out  from surgery to be sure I can do it.    Just finding all the different vitamins and protein sources was at times challenging.  I'm still asking questions and trying different whey porteins and so forth.   Good Luck!! Julie
scojo58
on 8/8/07 5:07 am - Methuen, MA
Hi, Once I had all my test's/Dr's appt's done, it only took about a week and a half for BC/BS to approve the surgery.   Good Luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views