Tufts clients

marieh
on 7/30/07 12:02 am - So. Easton, MA
My daughter was operated on at NSMC for a breast reduction and as far as patient and family support outreach they just plain sucked. They moved her surgery from 11 am to 4pm and never told us until almost 6pm when she should've been out by 2pm....They forgot to give her breakfast the next day, and discharged her before she even got it!  They let her go so fast it was like a drive through.  I wasn't thrilled with it for her, but her doc was wonderful.  You'll find good and bad experiences with every hospital, but my feeling is Boston is the best city for medical care.  I'm having my surgery on Wednesday at BMC iwth Dr. Hess, and feel very confident about him. Not so sure about the hospital itself, but I'm only going for HIS expertise. I won't be going long term, so the few days that might not be stellar won't really impact me that badly. (I hope?) :)  Good luck!! Marie

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/07 2:31 am, edited 7/30/07 2:31 am - on the border, MA
Marie which surgery are you having?  Congratulations and I pray all goes just perfect!  I did have hernia surgery there, but it was out patient, believe it or not, I had an embilical hernia, that turned out to be larger than the surgery expected and it was done with local anesthisia... which didn't work and I felt him cutting me and he kept hitting me with novacaine and appologizing.  The bariatric program is a whole seperate wing.  But again, I don't think they have the experience I am looking for, but I could be wrong.   BTW... I HATE staying in the hospital, it is complete torture to me!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views