It's all about LOVE

cherryj
on 7/21/07 7:10 am - CEDAR HILL, TX
>>Six-year-old Brandon decided one Saturday morning to fix his parents >>pancakes. He found a big bowl and spoon, pulled a chair to the >>counter, opened the cupboard and pulled out the heavy flour canister, >>  spilling it on the floor. >> >>He scooped some of the flour into the bowl with his hands, mixed in >>most of a cup of milk and added some sugar, leaving a floury trail on the >>floor which by now had a few tracks left by his kitten. >> >>Brandon was covered with flour and getting frustrated. He wanted this >>to be something very good for Mom and Dad, but it was getting very bad. >> >>He didn't know what to do next, whether to put it all into the oven >>or on the stove and he didn't know how the stove worked! Suddenly he saw >>his >>kitten licking from the bowl of mix and reached to push her away, >>knocking the egg carton to the floor. Frantically he tried to clean up >>this >>monumental mess but slipped on the eggs, getting his pajamas white and >>sticky. >> >>And just then he saw Dad standing at the door. Big crocodile tears >>welled up in Brandon's eyes. All he'd wanted to do was something good, but >>he'd >>made a terrible mess. He was sure a scolding was coming, maybe even a >>spanking. But his father jus****ched him. >> >>Then, walking through the mess, he picked up his crying son, hugged >>him and loved him, getting his own pajamas white and sticky in the >>process! >> >>That's how God deals with us.. We try to do something good in life, >>but it turns into a mess. Our marriage gets all sticky or we insult a >>friend, or we can't stand our job, or our health goes sour. >> >>Sometimes we just stand there in tears because we can't think of >>Anything else to do. That's when God picks us up and loves us and forgives >>us, >>Even though some of our mess gets all over Him. >> >>But just because we might mess up, we can't stop trying to "make >>pancakes" for God or for others. Sooner or later we'll get it right, and >>then >>they'll be glad we tried... >> >>I was thinking. and I wondered if I had any wounds needing to be >>healed, friendships that need rekindling or three words needing to be >>said, >>sometimes, "I love you" can heal & bless! Remind every one of your >>friends that you love them. Even if you think they don't love back, you >>would >>be amazed at what those three little words, a smile, and a reminder like >>this can do. >> >>Please pass some of this love on to others....suppose one morning you >>Were called to God; do all your friends know you love them? >>
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/07 2:04 am
love that story SO TRUE
cherryj
on 7/29/07 5:13 am - CEDAR HILL, TX
Thank you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views