emerson hospital

cindy calder
on 7/20/07 9:41 am - cleveland, TN

i have been here for some time but havent posted in ages ,i been avoiding the options of surgeries for 3 yrs i dont like the idea of being put under so many risks involved i cant find a doctor that will do lap band on me i know that i am big ,but i am finally coming to terms now that i need to get this done,some of my friends told me to check into emerson has anyone gone here ? if so how did everything go ? i weigh about 330 and stand at 5ft 8 i need to lose the weight diets and me just aint working i aint losing and i am not gaining my body is just stuck LOL,i need all the good advice i can get  right now and start this journey,i am pre diabetes already have high cholesterol and high blood pressure and edema i also suffer from a back condition called spondylosis i know the weight coming off would help with that

Cindy

Girl ..
on 7/21/07 7:18 am - MA

Hi, I am currently going through the Emerson program and will be looking at dates for September/October.  I plan to work with Rebecca Shore, but have heard that all three doctors are good.  The bariatric team is fairly new to Emerson, but also work out of Saints in Lowell and have been there for many years.  There are a few people here who have worked with the doctors you are looking at: Dr. Shen, Dr. Jiser and Dr. Shore.   I like Emerson hospital and have had a couple of previous surgeries there - C-Section, Appendectomy and partial hysterectomy.   The website for more information is http://www.emersonhospital.org/medical/surgery/bariatric_sur gery/default.aspx I have yet to hear of a complaint by anyone regarding Emerson or the doctors.  I have spoken to 4 women who had surgery with Rebecca Shore and they all really loved her care.   I am also having surgery because of health reasons. Take care and good luck,

Julie

ShadowLightLady
on 7/22/07 11:20 am - Lowell, MA

I am going to have surgery tomorrow with Dr. Shore. The baratic team moved from Saints to Lowell General. I think she is wonderful to work with pre-op.

Girl ..
on 7/22/07 11:38 am - MA

All the best with your surgery tomorrow! I meet with Dr. Shore for the first time on Tuesday.  Tell her to try to book Julie for next week!  Just kidding! We look forward to hearing from you when you get out of the hospital in a few days!

ShadowLightLady
on 7/26/07 9:38 am - Lowell, MA

Dr. Shore was wonderful. Her followup care in the hospital was excellent as well. I'm sure you'll like working with her.

Holliewheeler
on 7/23/07 4:54 am - leominster, MA
hey cindy, Why dont you try newton? i think i told you about it because if ur intrested go to the information meetin thursday the 26th at 6:30 i will be there. -hollie p.s were my kitten... lol
Girl ..
on 7/26/07 10:58 am - MA
Hi Shadowlightlady...How are you doing?  I met with Dr. Shore Tuesday and she was wonderful.  I am very happy to be working with her.. I hope you're feeling pretty good at home!?
cindy calder
on 7/21/07 2:12 pm - cleveland, TN
thank you so much ! definetly time to make an appoitment and start
Lori D.
on 8/23/07 6:40 am - Chelsea, MA

I went to several informational meetings from Boston to Lowell, I ended up going wtih Dr. Brams at Lahey - I love the team there!   I met the doctors at Lowell/Concord (same doctors at both hospitals) and they seemed really nice - just so that you know, the doctor can recommend what surgery you should have, but in the end it is YOU that decides what surgery you want. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views