Support meetings needed

Boooper
on 7/15/07 9:32 pm - Fitzwilliam, NH
I am 7-months post op and I live in Fitzwilliam NH and looking for support meetings in the Area. (I am about 10 miles from Gardner). Do any of you know any program that would allow me to come? I had surgery at B&W but with traffic from NH I cant get there after work.
   "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you into something else, is the greatest accomplishment. "
debac52
on 7/15/07 10:27 pm - Derry, NH
Hello, I was reading your post and though I don't know where support groups would be for you I was wondering how you were doing in your weight loss.  I had bypass on april 10 at B&w and my Dr is Dr. Lautz.   As far as support groups you can always ask the ditietions  Natlie or now I cant think of the other womens name.  I just seen her once. I usually see Natlie.  But email them and they might be able to tell you where you might be able to go for a support.  Well good luck and take care Debbie
mayberry1182
on 7/20/07 5:19 am
Hi there! I'm not sure how often you travel to MA but we are having a support group meeting tomorrow in Pembroke from 3:00- 4:30 at the Pembroke Public Library
Boooper
on 7/21/07 2:02 am - Fitzwilliam, NH

Darn, I have a house full of company coming in about an hour!  Is it monthly?

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you into something else, is the greatest accomplishment. "
Girl ..
on 7/20/07 5:29 am - MA
Hello, You are in luck!   There is a newly formed support group that recently started in Gardner.  They meet on the third Tuesday of every month in the boardroom at Mount Wachusett Community College from 7:00PM-8:30PM.   Many of them are people like you who had surgeries at hospitals quite a distance away and wanted a group that was more local to them.  Often they will attend both their own hospitals group, as well as this one.  I am pre-surgery and attended just this week on Tuesday night.  It is more convenient for me and we all need support and information.  This week I met people who were post surgery many, many years, as well as a person who just completed his fourth month.  It was terrific and they are very warm and caring.   If you need more information about the group please feel free to email me at [email protected].   Good Luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views