The Scale Is not Moving

chanda875
on 7/13/07 5:40 pm - Farmington Hills , MI
Hello...I am having a bad time..The scale is not moving at all for me...I mean the scale will move a 1or 2 lb like every two weeks.. This is so depressing for me!!! Can anybody give me some tips. My dr tell me to go by the first time that I seen him..ok if I do that I have lost a total of 61lbs..but for the date of my wls I only lost 40lbs...and my three mo post up is on the 18th.. Oh god I don't know whats going on..I do drink my protein and drink my water and I am walking at least 3 miles every other day...no sweets.. I eat right!! Anybody please tell me something, is anybody having this problem too!!!!!!!!!!
DDBEAR458
on 7/13/07 9:11 pm - WORCESTER, MA
GET RID OF YOUR SCALE.  i remember i stared weighing myself every week at work.  one week i was up TWO pounds and i freaked!!!  so now, i DONT weigh myself AT ALL.  i just go my how my clothes feel.  only weigh in at the doctors and measure myself.  your' probably losing inches.  61 pounds is fantastic!  that's like 5 sizes.  your doing fine and please get rid of that awful scale.  you'll probably hear all kinds of advice but for me, i don't want to be obsessed about weighing in.   
Morgan
on 7/13/07 11:32 pm - Franklin, NH
Hi there,     I had my surgery at B&W 1/28/07.  As of this morning I finnally moved the scale and lost 2 lbs.   total of 70 lbs lost.     there had been a month when I lost nor gain.  I know how you feel.  However I am looseing hair.  I started to beef up on my protein as suggested and hope that will work.  Good luck and hang in there.      I for one will be happy if I get into a size 14 and be comfortable.  I started in a size 24.    I don't expect to ever be a size 8,  I never was a size 8.  I am not built for a size 8.      I am very happy to  go into a store and go to the regular sizes but, sometimes I find myself going into the large womans section.     I still have the same complaint however,  I have nothing to wear!!!!!!!!!!!!            Now it is a happy complaint because I could almost wear a grain bag and look good.        Hnag in there, and stop stepping on the scales so much.
loumcclain
on 7/15/07 1:55 am - MI

When is your trash day ??? Throw the scale on the curb with therest of the  trash... LOL.  I am sure that you are losing inches.  Dont get worried.  It will come off.  

stephanie1977
on 7/15/07 9:02 pm - Roxbury, MA
When is the last time you lost 40 lbs so quickly?  Just don't even pay attention to the scale.  I had some plateus where the scale didn't move for 3 to 5 weeks and then it started again.  I did get discouraged but I kept to my eating and drinking water and swimming and the scale started again.  Don't worry.  If you clothes continue to fall off and you are feeling better, then the work is paying off.  Keep your head up off that scale.  You will be fine. What kind of surgery did you have?  The RNY or lap band? Stephanie 384/228/199
Lauryn
on 7/16/07 2:34 am - Abington, MA

Dear WLS sister, I have been having the same problem, but my clothes are starting to fall off!  So, we have to put things in perspective.  Most of the folks who have stupendous weight losses after surgery, did not loose as much as we did pre-op.  They are still working on the 'quick' weight - we're going after the hard-core poundage that has been around a lot longer and is more stubborn.  We've got to be even more stubborn that it is.  Also, I turned 60, just after surgery and know that the older I get the tougher it is to stir up my metabolism rate.  I can't wait for fall,  when this darned humidity leaves and i can do some seroius walking!  That will get the old heart pumping, metabolism cranking and pound off stress at the same time. 

Trust in the Lord - He led us to this place and will not forsake us! God Bless, Laurie

Taska
on 7/17/07 3:31 am, edited 7/17/07 3:31 am - Boston, MA
If you can do it...Get rid of the scale!  And I think you are doing just fine
334/322/193/180

jullee71
on 7/18/07 4:17 am - Newport, RI
40 POUNDS IN 3 MONTHS....YOUR DOING FANTASTIC.  I JUST STARTED COMING OFF MY PLATEAU...I WAS STUCK AT 55 POUNDS FOR A MONTH, AND I KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING IT CAN BE!!!   BUT.......... TAKE THAT SCALE AND BURN IT GIRL (easier said then done)....AND IM SURE YOUR CLOTHES ARE PROBABLY  FALLING OFF YA BOOTY !!!  REMEMBER THAT MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT..THOSE WALKS THAT YOUR TAKING EVERYOTHER DAY ARE GIVING YOU MUSCLE YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD....WHOOOHOOOO.... TAKE CARE AND GOOD LUCK

H-289          S-275          P-205      G-175
"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views