stretching out the stricture

irene223
on 7/8/07 9:07 pm - Stoughton, MA
Has anyone had any experience with a stricture?  I have one and have had it stretched out twice so far.  How many times does it take before it stays open? My surgery was on 5/8 and the first stretching was on June 21st from 3mm to 8mm.  Then again on 6/26 which took it up to 15mm But I think it is closing again. 

Irene 223

KatKat
on 7/9/07 12:50 am
My surgery was 3/5.  I had my stricture stretched 3 times over a 2 week period in April.  I had to go back and have it stretched 2 more times in June.  The doc said it sometimes takes a few tries.... after they stretch, it tends to "bounce back" a bit.  They don't want to stretch it too much as it can tear, cause ulcers and basically "ruin" the work your surgeon did.  The good news is that my surgeon says the people who have had strictures do the best in the long run!

Kathleen

irene223
on 7/9/07 7:49 am - Stoughton, MA
Glad to hear that it is a good thing in the long run.  It is just very hard to figure out whether I ate something wrong or too much or is my stricture closing up again.  I still get nauseous every night but I have an appointment with the surgeon this week and maybe I can get it stretched out again. Thanks for the reply
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views