protein drinks/supplements that dont taste disgusting!!! help

mommygarvey
on 7/7/07 10:58 am
ok...so we hve been trying some of the supplements that we have been recommended and they just taste disgusting. this question is for all of you out there that have had luck with finding something that tastes good and that doesnt cost a fortune....tried unjury, cib already....does anyone know about those 3 oz vials that they are selling now??? thanks for your help.....
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/07 7:20 am - TBD, Guam
My absolute favorite protein powder I get at walmart.... its called Body by fortress and it is around 11.99 for a tub.    I buy the choc and this is how i make my shake.. I have a magic bullet...   LOVE IT! take the plastic cup add 3 ice cubes sometimes use water, sometimes carb countdown milk   never measure - maybe 4 oz? 2 scoops of protein powder 1 teaspoon of decaf instant coffee (love the mocha flavor) 1/2 packet of sweetnlow 1 teaspoon of hershey cocoa powder then i whip it up.... I think its prob more protein then our bodies absorb at one time, but I always make it this way, because i just figured the stuff was so inexpensive and what if my body could absorb more ?  lol and I like it.. I do this mon-fri sometimes... they also make a vanilla... and you could substitute frozen fruit for the ice if your body will tolerate it.
emmier
on 7/8/07 11:40 am - MA

Hey hey, I find anything "high is protein" and I mean high, those vials, etc...taste nasty! I honestly have been doing great with slim fast. I found the "high protein" kind and each can (ready made) has 12+ grams. I love the cappichino or the chocolate. Not a big vanilla or strawberry fan of any kind. They also sell a powder form which has 7 grams of protein per scoop.  I add, 1.5 scoops, 1 cup of cold skim milk (which also has 8 g protein), about 6 ice cubes (each cube is ~ 1 oz water!) and blend it up. Its yummy!  I usually have this once a day. The shake I just gave you is 18 g protein and only ~ 265 calories. You have 2 a day (which I sometimes do) you have had 36g protein! That is most of your protein for the day!  Skim milk is a wonderful source of protein. 1 cup = 8 grams

If you can tolerate fruit, throw 1 cup of milk in with some ice, a banana and plain yogurt (which is also high in protein. Hope this helps!

txbunny930
on 7/9/07 1:15 am - MA

I've tried ALL the protein out there.  The 3 oz vials are from Profect and I only like one flavor, Fresh Citrus Berry.  It still has an after taste but it doesn't make me gag.  As for the Unjury, I have it and only mix it with a medium DD French Vanilla Ice Coffee.  I add a shot of Amaretto Sugar Free Flavoring to it and it's my protein drink for the day.   You can go to Marshall's and buy different SF flavorings to add to your coffee, tea, protein drinks to make them taste better.  I don't do protein drinks w/fruits, etc. because I do not want the extra calories, etc.   Also, the Profect vials are great to have travel w/you but my nutri advised me to be careful with them because they are rough on the kidneys and could cause stones.  So I do 1/2 and 1/2 later on. 

Hope this helps.

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

M M
on 7/9/07 1:09 pm
The protein shots?  They taste like baby vomit.
Knotty Druid
on 7/10/07 2:28 am - MA
And you know this how??? Just kidding!
M M
on 7/10/07 7:35 am
Ever smelled infant puke?  One in the same! 
Julie ~
on 7/11/07 2:00 am
lindie
on 7/11/07 3:36 am
I've been using EAS protein powder that I bought at BJ's. 23 gms of protein per scoop. Very smooth and not gritty. I usually add it to skim milk but sometimes I mix a scoop with Jello SF pudding. I am also using the Smartforme (smartforme.com) flavored drink mixes in my water. I add them to store brand flavored water and they're not bad. 15 gms of protein each. My favorite flavors are wildberry passion and peach mango. These drink mixes really help me meet my protein target each day.
redsoxmania
on 7/12/07 12:38 pm - MA
That's a great question.... My wife just had her surgery 3 days ago, & she has tried a few of them & I guess that they're all pretty gross so far....I think the answers people are giving are going to be very helpful.  I hope that all is going well w/ yours.  I know my wife is really looking forward to getting into this head over heals for many different reasons.....I think the answers will be helpful.  Hope that you're surgery went well & all is going according to plan....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views