New to the Forum

Ladyt26
on 7/6/07 3:08 pm - Franklin, MA
Hi everyone - I have been lurking around this site for a few years and have contemplated WLS for even longer.  I have taken the first steps and had my consultation appointment with the surgeon today.  The typical timeframe for surgery is about 4 months - so I'll be having surgery somewhere around November!!  I just  have to check w/ my insurance to make sure they cover it - anyone have Harvard Pilgrim HMO??? Hopefully it will work out... I am so excited to have this life-changing surgery and I love reading about people's experience and seeing their photos.  I could be on this site for hours and never get bored.  I'm going through Tobey Hospital in Wareham and am wondering if anyone else hers is as well?  So hello to you all and I look forward to getting to know you all in the coming months. 
(deactivated member)
on 7/10/07 11:06 am - haverhill, MA
I just wanted to say welcome.  I had my surgery 5 years ago.  I am still very happy that I did it.  Good luck.
Ladyt26
on 7/11/07 11:39 am - Franklin, MA
Hi Virginia  - thanks for the reply.  Everyone I know that has had this surgery has been so happy they have done it...I can't wait!
ceecee53
on 7/23/07 6:50 am - Boston, MA

Hello,

I'm new to this site and I'm so glad I found it.   I presently have Harvard Pilgram and my Lap Band surgery was approved.  I switched from Tufts to Harvard, so I could get the surgery.  As of March 7th Tufts no longer paid for the lap band surgery, but wanted members to particapate in a weight loss program.  I felt this was going backwards, so I switched insurances.  My surgery date is July 25th, so I'm kind of nervous.  Good luck to you.  I hope all goes well.  Take care.  

Ladyt26
on 7/23/07 11:20 am - Franklin, MA
Hi CeeCee, Thanks for the response!  Your surgery date is only a few days away...best of luck - let me know how it goes! I will be nervous when my day comes too...you'll do great! Take care! Tracey
MOJI
on 7/23/07 11:48 pm - worcester, MA
   and good luck with your new journey-moji
started-280 surgery-255 current-149 goal-135    
14 more lbs to go to reach my goal weight of 135 lbs  - moji-  

sunnymoonx
on 7/24/07 2:07 am - cape cod, MA
Welcome! I just had my  surgery with Dr Kruger in May. He's a great surgeon  and has a great team. You are definately in good hands. Best wishes and all that stuff. Feel free to check out my  WLS blog (link is below). i talk about my appointments and pre-op and post-op stuff.

~Debbie~

~~Here's mah Blog~~
   Through Thick n Thin

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs