WHAT TO BRING TO THE HOSPITAL???

mommygarvey
on 7/6/07 12:23 pm

can anyone recommend anything that i should bring to the hospital? any tips from anyone out there? i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

MOJI
on 7/6/07 12:39 pm - worcester, MA
Hey mommygarvey                                           How you been?.. I brought was the clothes on my back  (he-he).. extra under clothes."chapstick" very important  you will need that ...and if you don't like hospital soap and things than you should bring your's from home..not much.. the hospital should have everything you will need -moji
started-280 surgery-255 current-149 goal-135    
14 more lbs to go to reach my goal weight of 135 lbs  - moji-  

~ Stylz ~
on 7/6/07 5:02 pm - North of Boston, MA
I brought plenty and used most of it.. One thing I found very helpful was this http://www.laclede.com/products/oralBalanceSpray.asp we were told about this product Biotene, it helps with dry mouth and boy did it!  Other things I used while there were my toothbrush and toothpaste, deoderant, socks, hair ties, brush, slippers, a robe (most places want you up and walking the halls.  I felt more comfortable being covered in a robe instead of just a johnny) and my own pillow!  It felt so good sleeping on my own pillow :) hope this helps,  good luck with your surgery

~Stylz~  
post - op 261.2/current 124.2/goal 125

~~~  down 137 pounds  ~~~

LESS HALF THE PERSON I USE TO BE 

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

emmier
on 7/8/07 11:43 am - MA
SLIPPERS!!!!! They have you walking day and night!
cindita
on 7/16/07 9:10 am - Hillsboro, NH
I second the bring your own pillow!!!!!!!  And I'll add earplugs, because there are nurses and patients walking in the halls all night!

Cindy                         
 Proud owner of a lap band!

Girl ..
on 7/22/07 11:49 am - MA
This is a great topic for a thread.  Did they let you take a shower in the hospital?  How long after surgery? 
cindita
on 7/22/07 8:13 pm - Hillsboro, NH
I was able to shower the morning after my surgery.

Cindy                         
 Proud owner of a lap band!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views