New to OH

passionpartiesbylisa
on 7/5/07 5:54 pm - Tewksbury, MA
Hello Everyone, I just found this website - I am new to it - I am in the final stages of having my WLS approval by my insurance.  They told me about 1 - 2 weeks for an approval.  My consult was back in April with Dr Ameri of Stoneham.  I have heard great things about him so far and I really liked him when I met with him.  I have been to a couple of his groups but I was wondering if there are any others that meet locally for more of "support" and not "information".  I also wanted to know if anyone has small children (as I do) and how long it took you to get back to the swing of things after surgery.  I have four children ages 9, 4, 3 & 3 so I am a bit busy but they are the reason I am doing this.  I need to be healthy for them - enough of being overweight and wondering if I will see them grow up.  If anyone has some advice I will take anything I can.  My current weight fluctuates between 286 - 296 and I am 5'8 Well that is a lil about me - if you want to know more - just ask :) Lisa
booklovercalhau
on 7/9/07 12:55 pm - Methuen, MA

Hello Lisa I'm fairly new here also, so welcome.  I also have 4 children but mine are older (teens) now.  I 1st went to Dr. Ameri about 4 or 5 years ago, but I couldn't get past the nutritional eval or the psyh val, so I gave up.  Now I'm back at it again but with Dr. Randall at Lawrence Memorial.  He meets with both preop and post op patients the last Thurs of every month.  I've been to one so far and it was very informative.  Especially when they take down the room divider and we get to talk to the people who have had their surgery.  You find out all kinds of info.  It's very uplifting and encouraging. You might also try posting to the massachusetts board for people in your area.  They could be living right next door to you without knowing.  It's worth a shot.

What kind of insurance do you have?  I have Harvard Pilgrim.  I'm going to my 1st nutritional visit on the 19th and I was gonna post on the boards for any help with my appt.  I'm thinking maybe I said or did the wrong thing the 1st time around.  I don't want to do that again. 

Anyways, welcome and good luck.  Hope to see you on the boards some time.

Diane

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/07 11:10 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Lisa,  I just wanted to say welcome.  I am not around the boards much unless it is summer time.  I have heard good things about Dr Ameri, but I do not know very much about him.   I am 5 years post op and still very happy with my decision to have the surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views