stomach pain

SELIN N.
on 6/21/07 12:51 pm - E. SANDWICH, MA
can anyone give me an idea on when the stomach pain goes away completly from a lap.RNY? thanks...selin
steambacker
on 6/21/07 10:31 pm - Hull, MA
I also have pain in my left and right side from Gastric Bypass and it's been a month since surgery.  This is a good question!
RNY surgery 05/23/07  Starting weight:  310
Right before operation: 279  Current weight:  117 Goal:  150
~ Stylz ~
on 7/4/07 9:08 am - North of Boston, MA
i had pain on my left side for a few months after surgery.  I can tell you a heating pad on the area of soreness feels HEAVENLY while you're resting!  When I saw my Dr. she told me during surgery they "stand you up" to make sure there are no leaks.  Theres a metal bar that helps hold you up which is why the pain was on my left side.  I'm not sure if this is a practice with every doctor, but thats why I had pain on my side.  It does go away tho!

~Stylz~  
post - op 261.2/current 124.2/goal 125

~~~  down 137 pounds  ~~~

LESS HALF THE PERSON I USE TO BE 

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

PandaBear
on 6/21/07 10:36 pm - Norwich, CT
I believe my pain lasted a couple of weeks
SELIN N.
on 6/21/07 10:45 pm - E. SANDWICH, MA
i dont know if they are hunger pains because i can only be able to get down 1 shake, i glass of fluids and meds for a whole day...or if it is a real pain....kept me up all night and that zantac liqid i have to take doesnt help keep things down....i want to throw up just thinking about it..... i lay in the bed sometimes thinking, "why couldnt my fat @$$ just go on a regular diet and loose the weight normally?"......anyways.....i'll be bouncin around here to see what everyone has to say.... thanks....selin
sunnymoonx
on 6/22/07 1:27 am - cape cod, MA
SELIN is it gas pain? I had horrible gas pain for a few days post-op and it took a wee****il it completely went away. ANother pretty common pain is in the left side. whatever its caused by, i've heard others complain of it as well, and it stopped me in my tracks a few times. After about 2 weeks most of my aches and pains were gone.

~Debbie~

~~Here's mah Blog~~
   Through Thick n Thin

joslyn1106
on 6/22/07 11:52 am - lowell, MA
I think I had stomach pain for almost a month after surgery.  I cam home with the Roc****t (sp?) and continued to take small doses most of the time.  It helped and then finally the pain was gone.  My surgery was April 9th and now I just get hunger and full "discomfort".  Good luck.  It REALLY does get better and I am amazed each day to see the tiniest difference give me the BIGGEST satisfaction.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views