just got home from my surgery and have a couple of questions??

SELIN N.
on 6/20/07 9:42 am - E. SANDWICH, MA
hey guys...i just posted this but i think i put it in the wrong place...anyways, i had my surgery this monday the 18th and got home today, wednesday and was wondering which stomach is rumbling and is it rumbling because i am hungry or from all the gas?????   i dont think i am hungry, i have been sipping on my wonderful shake (while everyone eats bbq chicken and fried rice, thats wrong, lol)....any tips on whats going on? thanks, selin
sunnymoonx
on 6/20/07 9:48 am - cape cod, MA
my guess is  you have gas. I had TONS and it rumbled and HURT me for a few days until I was passing gas like a pro (lol).   so - sip sip sip your shakes and water

~Debbie~

~~Here's mah Blog~~
   Through Thick n Thin

DDBEAR458
on 6/20/07 9:34 pm - WORCESTER, MA
that's normal.  i swear that I swallowed a crow. 
SELIN N.
on 6/20/07 11:11 pm - E. SANDWICH, MA
thanks guys.....my stomach or stomachs are killing me with the whole gas and rumbling thing....i think my dog is even scared of me now, ha ha ha....anyways i have been sipping and sipping and taking my vitamins, but real nervous i'm gonna blow a stich or pop a staple.... again, thank you... hugs, selin
Lauryn
on 6/21/07 1:58 am - Abington, MA
Selin, When I finally realized that my post-op pain was from gas, i switched from the pain med to Mylanta & Gas-X strips and poof! It was gone very quickly.  Just be careful to not exceed the daily maximum dosage.  The liquid protein drinks were giving me tons of gas, too, since i have a sensitivity to whey.  Things are much better (in that department) now that I'm up to stage 5. Now i need to experiment with which fruits & veggies my new stomach will tolerate. So far, just strawberries and romaine lettuce are good, everything else is questionable. Good luck, Laurie
jereyes
on 6/20/07 11:14 pm - Tyngsboro, MA
I am 19 months out and my stomach and digestive track will still make rumbling noises mostly after I eat.  It is normal and you will get used to the noises it makes.  i don't even notice anymore but my children do when they lay down next to me. I hope you have a speedy and uneventful recovery.  Welcome to the losers bench. Janet
sunnymoonx
on 6/21/07 12:08 am - cape cod, MA
oh yes, the noises our tummy makes post-op. sometimes i get a roar that comes out of my throat and it sounds like a tiger growling. its too funny.

~Debbie~

~~Here's mah Blog~~
   Through Thick n Thin

SELIN N.
on 6/21/07 3:24 am - E. SANDWICH, MA

Thank You...I think the hardest part is by the time i am done drinking my meds (which make me gag) i'm full......but i am working on it....thank you http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wERQDqI/"> http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wERQDqI/weight.png">>

hfalter
on 6/23/07 1:37 am - Roslindale, MA
I'm really glad you posted this because I had my surgery on the same day.  So we are definitely on the same schedule, and have the same questions.   I'm so frustrated from the pain but everyone says you have to just take the pain medicine and expect this for at least 2 weeks.  I have also been eating and drinking as directed but maybe I am just expecting unrealistic improvements. So it would be interesting to see what others say on this topic. Hi-D
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views