I HAVE A DATE

LindaLee
on 6/19/07 10:48 am - Turners Falls, MA

I am soooooo excited I have my date for lap band on July 24th! Did u guys have to do the 2 week liquid diet, with the lap band surgery also? Any hints are very welcome to get me through the end of this long year! LindaLee

lindie
on 6/19/07 11:49 am
Congrats on getting a date! I'm having a bypass and didn't need to do the liquid diet. I understand that my surgeon requires it for the lap bands. Hope your wait passes quickly. Best of luck.  Lindie
Lynnzie22
on 6/20/07 12:51 am - MA

yayy for date   mine is august 2nd but im having rny and no liquid diet. time is going to fly by :) best of luck

Lauryn
on 6/21/07 2:21 am - Abington, MA
Linda, The purpose of pre-op weight loss is to make it easier for your surgeon to manuveur around in oyur abdomen AND to make your post-op recovery more comfortable.  In order to do laparoscopic surgery, they have to pump lots of water and air in to literally suspend your organs to get them out of the way.  All tha****er and air are still in yuo when you get back to your room.  I came home with an extra 13 pounds of water in my belly, thighs, legs and feet.  I nearly could'nt get my slacks on to go home!  It was all gone in a couple of days, but if I had not lost the 10% pre-op, I would have been in very dire straights post-op with that additional weight!  It's for your benefit that they want you to loose it, so if you're serious about this thing, it doesn't hurt to get with the program as early as possible.  you will reach your weight loss goal much sooner if you start now, too. Just cut out carbs - as they say, don't eat anything white (or brown in the case of chocolate). Good luck! Laurie
KerryP
on 6/26/07 8:05 am - MA
The liquid diet for the lap band is critical.  It teaches you how to eat for the next 5-10 days after the surgery when you are on full liquids.  I had to do the liquid for 10 days.  It wasn't so bad.  You'll get tired of it after 5 but you have to keep with it. Good Luck!
LindaLee
on 6/27/07 10:09 am - Turners Falls, MA
Thanks so much for your view on the liquid diet.  I am a little leary of it because I know I will be starving, but I also know that after the 2 wks of starvation I get the reward of the surgery, and not being hungry again!!!!! At least not like now, or when I am on the liquid diet! So how have you done with your progress? Any hints bad or good on after life with the lap band? LindaLee
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views