Packing For LAP-RNY

Heather_Momof4
on 6/19/07 3:01 am - MA
Suggestions for what to pack for Lap-RNY greatly appreciated.  ~What did you need, but forgot? ~What did you pack, but never use? ~Hints, hints, hints... Thanks and blessings, Heather
emmier
on 6/19/07 5:13 am - MA
They say to bring chapstick. I guess you get a dry mouth! I think you just need to bring your insides I will hopefully be able to let you know before you go in!
steambacker
on 6/19/07 8:11 am - Hull, MA
Hi Heather, I had the Bypass but when I packed this is what I brought to the hospital: Two pairs of PJ's - They let me wear these so I used both Two books - Didn't use, watched TV the whole time socks - used as I don't like the hospital's Toothbrush and toothpaste - I used this alot Slippers - I used before the surgery but couldn't bend to get them on after it This is basically all that you need
RNY surgery 05/23/07  Starting weight:  310
Right before operation: 279  Current weight:  117 Goal:  150
Heather_Momof4
on 6/19/07 10:24 am - MA
Thanks for the response!  We're practically neighbors... Dr. Hess is doing my surgery at BMC on July 10th. How was you experience??? Heather
April R.
on 6/19/07 11:19 am - plymouth, MA
Hi Heather.. If you are going to be at BMC.. -Ear plugs.. and music listening device that plays soothing music.. that place is super loud. -Books are a waste of space.. but good magazines are nice to read during the long days -She's definately right about the Chapstick.. -extra pillows.. I really liked having my own pillows -wipes.. I wish I had brought them.. not only for general refreshing needs but you never know if you're gonna blow.. needless to say -people bring their own pj's but changing my clothes was like the last thing I wanted to do after the surgery -button up shirt for ride home.. and largest pair of comfy sweat pants you own -forget your bra all together.. don't even wear it the hospital.. it's just takes up space and who needs that hope this helps.. Dr. Hess rocks April R
nsb1010
on 6/24/07 1:31 pm
Hi Heather- One thing I used a lot was Biotene mouthwash, especially the 1st day. You can't drink at all and your mouth gets soooo dry, especially when you want to talk with visitors or on the phone.  Good Luck...It's almost here!! Nicole
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
Evia
on 6/28/07 4:26 pm
April, Your scaring me about going to bmc lol!!!! I'm hoping I can get my own room or atleast one with someone else whos having bariatrics done. cross your fingers for me. Evia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views