DH's journey update

honeymoo
on 6/15/07 1:17 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Many of you know that my DH has started the process for surgery.  He had his sleep study the other night and it didn't go well.  He of course has sleep apnea (my diagnosis ) but after about 2 hours of sleeping  they had to set him up on the CPAP( see told ya he has sleep apnea) well of course he didn't want to take ambien or anything so he couldn't sleep w/ the cpap try as he might.  So after about an hour and 1/2 of him not sleeping they had him take it off and just let him sleep.  So needless to say he goes back a week from tomorrow for a 2nd one and he WILL be taking Ambien this time. On a positive note although we have not gotten the official word in the mail yet Marina said it looks like his date for surgery is Sept 13th!  He may be able to have it sooner but I doubt it cause Dr. G is away for 3 weeks in Aug.  He's doing real well about changing his eating habits and looks like he has already lost some weight. All is well w/ me just trying to break this darn plateau!  Hope everyone is well Gwen

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

KatKat
on 6/15/07 10:42 pm

Hey Gwen,

I'm glad to hear things are moving along for Steve!  The c-pap thing stinks.. I was so glad to NOT have sleep apnea.  I dated a guy who had it and when he wore his mask I felt like I was sleeping next to Darth Vader!

I think my stricture problems are behind me - hopefully!  I had scope #5 on Wed and they stretched it some more and said I don't have to come back unless I'm symptomatic.  I've had to push back my 3 month appt with Dr P because they've fallen on days I've had the scopes so I will go on 6/27 and get an "official" weight - although it looks like I'm at about -45 lbs now. Let me know if you're coming up here again this summer - and I may come knocking on your door some sunny day! Kathleen

Kathleen

honeymoo
on 6/16/07 11:22 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Hi Kat! Congrats on the 45pds that's awesome!  I too hope your stricture problems are far behind you, I can't even imagine all that you have gone through with that.   I have no clue when I'll be up again.  Besides next Sat Steve will be there next on July 13th for a follow up and weigh in I guess.  I am house and dogsitting so I can't go with him although I told him I would go up w/ him for the blended diet review (hopefully I won't be dog and house sitting) You are welcome here anytime just let me know! Gwen

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

Amanda D.
on 6/17/07 6:34 pm - Haverhill, MA

Gwen,

Is it a prcedure that they give you ambien on a sleep study, or take one from home?

Thanks

honeymoo
on 6/17/07 8:53 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Hiu I'm not sure if it's procedure or not (although I think it may be as they offered it from the beginning) I was allowed to take tylenol PM.  They want to make sure that you can sleep as well as possible so that they get a good reading.  DH is VERY leary on taking it cause he has heard the stories about the side effects of Ambien but he will this one time so he can hopefully sleep w/ the Cpap on.  They told him that the worst thing to happen if they can't get a good reading is that after surgery he will be in ICU after surgery to monitor him well and may have to intubate(sp?) him. Gwen

Julie ~
on 6/18/07 2:37 am
Cher B.
on 6/18/07 9:49 am - MA

Hey Gwen,   Glad to hear that things are moving along for your husband. How are you doing?  Give a yell if you are going to make any meetings in the near future and I will try to get there to say hello.

Cher

honeymoo
on 6/18/07 11:02 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA

Hey Cher!

I was just thinking about you are wondering how you have been since you advanced your diet.  Well it's official Steve's date is Sept 13th we got the paperwork in the main yesterday, same day that the approval letter came from insurance.  The next time I am planning on being up there is in August for the blended diet review (figure I'd go with him for the refresher)

All is good here.  I am antsy this morning cause I just want to get out of here, I am leaving work at noon to go pick up my sister, niece and her friend.  I haven't seen them since November and I am looking forward to spending some time with them over the next few days. I hope all is well with you, drop me a line although I may be slow in getting back to you as I won't be home much from now till Friday.

Gwen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views