Revision

route66hello
on 6/20/07 8:38 am - Half Moon Bay, CA
DS on 03/15/12
Hi, I wanted to say that I *heard* that Dr. Hess at Boston Medical Center had done a lapband on top of the Gastric Bypass. I do not know it to be true because I think someone told me in the waiting room. Regardless I believe that most surgeons are going to want to explore why all the weight came back and then decide what if any additional surgery would be the right option. I am not sure if we as patients can go in and tell them to do a specific type of revision. The subject interests me in that I had my surgery about a year ago (August 2006) and I have lost weight but I am still very overweight. If you compare where I was - 450 lbs - then I have done great but I am not sure if I will ever be able to get where I would like to be. I am certainly not wanting any additional surgery at this point  or maybe ever but I wonder if this *tool* of gastric bypass is enough for me given where I started.  Best of luck to you! Terri

mayberry1182
on 6/20/07 11:46 am

Hi, I was looking at the MA board and read your inquiry regarding a revision. I understand exactly what you mean about regaining weight after the gastric bypass surgery. My sister and I had WLS in 2002. I had regained 68 lbs and she is 30 shy from her original (pre-op) weight. We have a support group that is meeting on Saturday, July 21 from 3-4:30 in Pembroke. I would love for you to join. The meeting will be held at the pembroke public library. www.pembrokepubliclibrary.org for directions. I hope to see you there

Pam M.
on 6/24/07 2:43 pm - Western, MA
In addition to the Lap-Band forum there is a section for those with Revisions.  Under Forums click More forums... then under the Weight Loss Related Forums box look for Revisions.  I'm sure you can learn more there. I had a really hard time finding the lap band forums originally too, hope you found your way there eventually. Keep us updated.

I am not alone, neither are you. 

BrownSugarDiva
on 6/25/07 10:23 pm - Lynn, MA
Thanks for letting me know about this site, I did find some very useful information!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views