Revision

BrownSugarDiva
on 6/13/07 1:31 am - Lynn, MA
Hello All, In 2003 I had gastric bypass (the minimal invasive  procedure- not open).  The Lap Band I had not heard of at that time.  Well I've gained my weight back and would like to know if anyone on this forum has had the Lap Band done after the Gastric Bypass.  i called the original hospital (BMC), they won't do it, neither will, NEMC, ST.Elizabeth or BIDMC.  Please help!
(deactivated member)
on 6/13/07 2:20 am - Zimbabwe
BrownSugarDiva
on 6/13/07 9:09 am - Lynn, MA
Thanks for the reply. When you say post the question over the lap band board, is that on this site or do I go to www.lapband.com? Thanks again
(deactivated member)
on 6/14/07 1:50 am - Zimbabwe
SoulSista
on 6/13/07 11:35 am - Boston, MA
try brigham and women hospital you may have some luck there. Marsha
BrownSugarDiva
on 6/13/07 9:39 pm - Lynn, MA
Thank you for your reply. I will be calling BWH and MGH today. Have a great day!
Jeana W.
on 6/13/07 11:42 am - Cambridge, MA
Hi, you could also try Mass General's Weight Center. 617-726-4400 Have you thought about any other visions you could have? I think I've heard about a gastric bypass to DS revision somewhere. Check all your options and Good Luck with whatever you choose.

Myspace CodesMyspace, Myspace CodesMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes 

BrownSugarDiva
on 6/13/07 9:37 pm - Lynn, MA
Thanks for the information, I will call them. I will try to find out more about "gastric bypass to DS revision"  thanks a lot for the information.
donnafc
on 6/14/07 2:14 am - Lowell, MA
A lot of the surgeons won't due this due to the fact that they if you were unsuccessful with your bypass tool another tool may not work. Have you talked to your original surgeon to check and see if you pouch is still ok size? Have you gone back and tried the time out that is so popular on this site? I know that I had started to gain - surgery date was 9/05- and just went back and restarted where I was going wrong. I am once again dumping, which surprised me. I also am not hungry as much. I am not perfect by any means but by giving up a lot of the "bad" food I once again found that the tool is working almost as good as the few months after the surgery. good luck and I hope you find success. donna
donna 281/169/143 RYN 9/27/05
stephanie1977
on 6/15/07 1:23 am - Roxbury, MA
I am reading all these replys and the thing I notice most is the mis information that has been coming down the pike.  Through research and my support group, I have discovered that the revision is a tightening of the stoma (the artifical opening that was created when they made your "pouch".  The stoma has been stretched out and therefore more food can pass into the pouch.  If you don't chew your food well, you push large pieces of food thru the stoma and that is what stretches out not your pouch.  There is only one doctor in Boston that does this type of revision and he is at Brig and Womns. Good luck. Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views