Asking all NWH people

shannewc
on 6/11/07 10:38 pm
Hi Guys, Just had a question...I have surgery scheduled for Sept 4, I saw the nutrionist a week ago (2wks after consult) and lost 3.5 pounds. I talked with her and thought seeing her every 2 wks would be good for me just to keep me on track, so I go next week the 21 to see her. My problem is I am nervous I may have put on a pound or two ( I was on vacation) what do they do if that happens?? I see Dr. G the next week. I am back on track but still doesn't sit well with me, I am nervous they will postpone surgery. So someone please post if this had happened.   Thanks  Shannon
Cher B.
on 6/11/07 11:21 pm - MA
Shannon, I think they are looking at the big picture.  You have shown a loss already and will take off any gain you might show by your visit with Dr. G.  You are back on track and that is what you need to do.  Maybe you won't even show a gain.  I think you are safe at this point not getting your surgery postponed. If you showed a gain two or three visits in a row it might be a different story. Let us know how it goes. ~Cher
Katie R.
on 6/12/07 2:33 am - Marlborough, MA
Hey shannon, I have Dr. Partridge and at one of my pre-op visits i had gained i think 4 pounds... she said she didnt want to cancled my surgury but would if i wasnt back down by my pre testing appoint.. thankfully i was back down 10 pounds which was more than before but they do frown upon gaining... just get back on track and you will be fine... i think we all slip up a little bit before surgery i blame it on nerves haha =) Goodluck with ur surgury..mine in on the 19th... 1 week away... getting nervous myself.. Congrats on your date!! katie

DDBEAR458
on 6/12/07 4:21 am - WORCESTER, MA
I HAD GAZMURI TOO.  I REMEMBER ONE DAY WHEN I WAS LEAVING THE OFFICE HE SAID TO ME "NOW WHEN WE SEE YOU AGAIN, I HOPE YOU WILL HAVE LOST 25 POUNDS".  OMG, I WAS A WRECK. 25 POUNDS?  I COULN'T LOSE 25 OUNCES.  ANYWAY, I DID END UP LOSING LIKE 7 POUNDS BEFORE SURGERY AND IT WAS ALL FINE,.  I'M SURE YOU WILL BE FINE 
LITTLE_OLD_ME
on 6/12/07 6:04 am - FRANKLIN, MA

Dr. G is my doc too.  IF you have gained he will probably look down his glasses at you and very seriously tell you that you can't do that.  But he will not cancel your surgery.  I think if you consistently do that, they would consider it.  They just want to see that you are serious about losing weight.  That said, I remember how tough it was.  BUt they have your best interest in mind.  Dr. G is up there with some of my most favorite people.  I just adore him.  He helped me save my own life.  Best of luck to you. Nicole

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views