Burping/belching

Ellie68
on 6/11/07 8:43 am

I had my surgery a week ago and everything has been uneventful, minimal pain, no nausea...  The only problem that I am experiencing is lots of belching which began two days ago.  It subsides when I lie down and begins again when I sit up straight or stand.  I called my Dr's office this morning and it was felt that I am drinking my liquids too fast.  I have been using a sippy cup all day, with no result.  Has anyone had this problem?  I really appreciate this forum for the information it provides, especially now that I am on the losers bench! Ellie

jannineh99
on 6/11/07 10:35 pm - Melrose, MA
Ellie, the first thing that I thought of when you said sippy cup do you put the plug in the cup you could be sucking in too much air with the sippy cup...I know my daughter gets lots of air  when she uses her sippy cup...or if the sippy cup has a built in straw that could be the issue too..my surgeon told us not to use straws because you get too much air.. Hope this helps Jannine
~God, I love You.   I will love You all the days of my life, with all my heart, my soul, my strength and my mind.   I want to walk in Your ways all the days of my life.   I thank you that I am a new creation in You and now can have the mind of Christ.   Continue to transform me into Your very likeness so I may do all that You have called me to do.   Amen.
Cher B.
on 6/11/07 11:15 pm - MA
I also had a lot of belching although it started while I was in the hospital.  It seemed like it was a good think to get that air out.  I can't say that it really bothered me but I do not belch as much as I did earlier on anymore. Hope that helps.
Ellie68
on 6/12/07 2:44 am
Thank you for the replies. It's reassuring to hear that someone else had a similar experience.  Today seems to be better.  I don't have the one-way valve on the cup, but I have really slowed down on the drinking.  Wanting to get all the water in probably was making me drink too fast.   I am actually doing fantastic, other than the burping.  Thanks again for the reassurance... Ellie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views