Step 4 Diet

steambacker
on 6/8/07 8:01 am - Hull, MA
I just began step 4 diet today and have been out of surgery for 3 weeks.  What did you eat on step 4, what was your favorites and how much can you eat usually.  I didn't even eat a tablespoon of scrambled egg before I was stuffed... 
RNY surgery 05/23/07  Starting weight:  310
Right before operation: 279  Current weight:  117 Goal:  150
Cher B.
on 6/8/07 11:14 am - MA
What other kind of foods does your plan allow on step 4?  At three weeks out, I was on a blended diet and did well.  I really liked making some spaghetti sauce and putting ricotta or cottage cheese in it. Now I can have softer solid foods and that has been tougher.  I had a little bit of baked fish a few times over the past few days and the first time went ok, second time my pouch wasn't loving it and gave me a bit of a hard time, third time not so good.  If you can have cheese sticks they might be worth a try.  I have done really well with them the past couple days since I went to the solid food phase.
Stellabella
on 6/8/07 10:03 pm
Hi Jenn- Guess who....:) Stage 4 diet is soft moist proteins. Some other options you can have are  egg salad (Lite or FF mayo) deviled egg part skim mozzarella cheese sticks (chew well) ground turkey meatloaf (with beef broth, lite on the bread crumbs) Ground turkey meat balls with plain pasta sauce (barilla or a low carb/sugar option) boca burgers or garden burgers (no chunks of veggies) Deli lean ham or turkey, even chicken so long as its not the "roll" that it actually looks like meat. Since you are having trouble getting in all the protein, Some have a protein shake at night or in the morning to help get all the protein in. Typically you will eat 5-6 times per day, but make sure t hat your meal times are structured and that you are not setting up a "grazing" pattern which can be a problem if you are stressed about getting all the protein in. email me if you have any questions Stellabella (AKA Nat)
steambacker
on 6/10/07 4:15 am - Hull, MA
 Thank you so much for the awesome ideas!!!!!  I will definately be trying some of these.  I will be going to the store today.  I really appreciate all of your help!!!! Jenn 
RNY surgery 05/23/07  Starting weight:  310
Right before operation: 279  Current weight:  117 Goal:  150
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views