I AM CONFUSED AND BEWILDERED!!

stephanie1977
on 6/6/07 3:53 am - Roxbury, MA
Thanks Bunny I can alway count on you guys to tell me like it is.  Not sugar coat things and make me feel like it's not anything to worry about.  It is something to worry about and I just want to nip it in the bud before it consumes me. How are things today in your world?  I pray for you always. Love, Stephanie
txbunny930
on 6/6/07 4:26 am - MA

Hi Steph: Gaining this weight back scares all of us and it's good to hear someone ask what to do about it.  That way, we're living in the real world. My world is up side down right now.  A big part of my heart is dying.  Taking my mom home from the hospital tomorrow so she can be home to die.  Hospice will be there when we get her home to go over everything.  A nurse neglected my mom on Monday and caused a serious issue w/her.  It's now in God's hands.  Thank you for the continued prayers.

Love you, Bunny

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

Girl ..
on 6/7/07 5:16 am - MA
I have not yet had the surgery, but I know this will be a struggle for me as well for the rest of my life.  I have started therapy, independent of the wieght loss group I am working with, to deal with my disfuntional relationship with food.  Stress is a trigger for me which leads to carbs, which leads to major binges.  I'm learning breathing exercises and stress reliving therapy for just that. As an aside, I know a girl that was struggling with her own addictions and getting caught up in her own merry-go-round of destructive stuff and her psychiatrist told her to get a rubber band and wear it as a bracelet.  When she feels herself "losing control" to snap it quickly - sort of to distract herself from the behavior and to literally concentrate on the ouch!  Kind of a "snap yourself back to it!".  He also suggested that before she chooses to use she takes 5 minutes and hold an ice cube to the inside of her wrist until she cannot stand it any longer.  Again, the effect is to refocus and snap yourself away from the bad choice.  It's a behavior modification thing.   I personally consider my over eating to be an addiction and I will employ addictive therapies to stop myself.  It may sound crazy, but nothing ventured nothing gained..I think...I never tried those last two, but wouldnt be opposed to trying them. I noted that you felt sort of happy that you weren't the only one feeling that way.  I think we all feel that way, that's why we know surgery is our only option.  Don't feel alone...and best of luck!
msloriann
on 6/10/07 10:11 am - Taunton, MA
Lorraine; I am so sorry about your mother.  That is so very, very hard.  I went through the same kind of thing.  I  hope things go the best way they possibly can, considering the cir****tances.
Lori Ann
[email protected]
pre-op lap RNY
336/ 298/ 136
txbunny930
on 6/12/07 6:39 am - MA

It's not been easy watching her slip away.  On top of that, I tend to forget I'm only out 6 months and have been assisting in lifting her.  This caused a tear in the inside of my incision.  OUCH!  Now I'm careful as to what lifting, tugging and pulling I do.

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views