anyone else cant stop losing weight

kandlestick
on 6/4/07 12:20 am - Three Rivers, MA

I had my surgery on 8/16/06 at 497 lbs. Now  im at 221 and cant stop lossing and i still cant eat solids.Doc says he giving me 30 days to level off or he is going back in to remove new stomach and make another and this time put it higher up on the esophugus.I try to eat all day long and several times all i end up doing is vommiting it back up even purred foods. Doc says it could be the nerves on my esophugus causing it and relocating the stomach higher above the nerves should fix it.Anybody else go thru this?                                                   kandlestick.

MARLENA S.
on 6/5/07 11:57 am - middletown, CT
RNY on 09/04/07 with

i just wanted to wish you well, hope your doctor helps you  marlena

emmier
on 6/10/07 7:08 am - MA

Hi, Something doesnt seem right. You should be able to eat solids definitely after one year (actually by 3 months or so). I am shocked that your doctor hasnt thought this was a problem by now??? Really sounds like you have scar tissue or something so you opening to allow food to your intestine is WAY to small and only allow liquid/puree through. THIS HASNT BEEN CHECKED??

Lauryn
on 6/11/07 2:45 am - Abington, MA
Wow! Your system must be pretty depleted by now.  You may want a second opinion.  I'm only 7 weeks out from surgery and having no problem with the majority of solid foods.  My surgeon (whom I'm nominating for early sainthood) is Donald Hess.  Our support group meets tonight at Quincy Medical center at 6:00, so why not join us? He would definitely not have let this problem go for so long. Good luck, Laurie
lindie
on 6/15/07 6:32 am
Please think about a second opinion before you go into another surgery. Try Dr. Kasper in Springfield. His office is on Chestnut St. right next to Mercy Hospital. He's wonderful. Sending good vibes your way. Lindie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views