Dr. Buckley Salem Mass...what a guy!

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/07 6:39 am - MA
last saturday i got a denial letter in the mail from my insurance company, network blue new england. i say i was very disappointed, but that's an understatement. i cried my eyes out. it pretty much ruined my long weekend. it didn't help that since monday was a holiday, i couldn't call the insurance company or the surgeon's office until tuesday. i had tuesday off from work and ran around copying files and writing an appeal letter and trying to cope in general. yesterday i called the surgeon's office and asked them to have him call me back. they said they would but it was his day off so he'd get the message today, in the morning. but he called me back yesterday around 3pm (from his home phone!) and said he'd just gotten off the phone with the doctor at my insurance company and i was approved! on his day off!!!  he said he knew i was anxious and wanted to call me himself as soon as he could to give me the good news. i just can't say enough about what a compassionate and caring man he is. his office staff could be a little more helpful and friendlier, but he himself is a sweetheart. anyway, i got a date! come on june 20th!!!!!!  : ) anyone else had surgery in salem ma? ~cheryl b.
Cher B.
on 6/1/07 7:05 am - MA
Hey Cheryl,   Congrats on your date!  It sounds like Dr. Buckley is a great choice.  It goes a very long way when you know that your surgeon is there for you. Wishing you all the best on your journey. ~Cher
(deactivated member)
on 6/3/07 12:12 pm - MA
Thanks so much.  : )
MeladyRN
on 6/1/07 10:37 am
What kind of surgery are you trying to get approved??
(deactivated member)
on 6/3/07 12:12 pm - MA
hi! i was approved for the lap rny.
Amy_in_MA
on 6/3/07 12:08 pm - Danvers, MA
Hey there! That is awesome! :) I am waiting to get my date...yes the notes from Heart and Wellness finally got to Dr. Buckley's office, so they gave me their blessing (almost 4 weeks ago now). Just waiting to hear from Nancy to get a date. :) Then, I guess we have insurance to submit to and get approval from. I'm glad that Dr. B. was so awesome! That is great!
(deactivated member)
on 6/3/07 12:24 pm - MA
hi amy! i'm glad you got the go ahead. good luck with nancy.  i hope you hear soon. i know they were slow there for a while. pat was even wondering what the hold up was. the insurance part went pretty quick, they got my info on a wednesday and i got the denial letter 3 days later on a saturday. then dr. buckley got in touch with them on the next thursday and i got my approval letter yesterday, although they told him i was approved over the phone. i start the liquid diet on wednesday, that's going to be interesting. i've done a week not eating before while in the hospital and that wasn't easy, but i've never done 2 weeks, ugh. and i was hoping to get another support meeting in before the surgery, last month was memorial day, so i guess i won't be at another one til the surgery is over. i can't wait til it's over! friend me up and let me know when you get a date ok? ~ cheryl
Amy_in_MA
on 6/3/07 8:58 pm - Danvers, MA
So you got your approval before you got a date? I thought they book a date and then go for insurance approval...if it's the other way around, I guess I'm waiting more to hear from Nancy that I've gotten insurance approval. :)
(deactivated member)
on 6/3/07 10:56 pm - MA
no, i got the date before they sent in the insurance stuff.
Martha M.
on 6/5/07 4:01 am - Ipswich, MA

I was already sure I had selected a great surgeon, but it's always nice to hear kudos from other patients.  I hope it's smooth sailing for you from here on out. One question I have though; I have solid appts with Dr. Buckley and with Heart and Wellness, but I'm on the wait list for psych.  How long did it take you to get the call that you had a date for the psych? 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views