PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DRINK YOUR H2O EVERYDAY

SoulSista
on 5/31/07 7:16 pm - Boston, MA
I want everyone to know how this lifestyle change has to be maintained over rest of our lives. in just about aspect.  As a nurse I am ashamed that I can not keep up with the right  amount of water on daily basis and I work out pretty hard. Not drinking the required amount of water this past weekend contributed to my hospitalization. I cannot stress the importance of water especially when we work out we need to get 64oz, but we need double even triple  that  sometimes when we are working out.  Read my May 31th blog for details but I am writing this from my hospital bed after having my second small bowel obstruction repaired.  Being so dehydrated just complicated things and delayed my surgery until I could get adequate hydrated can you say   and pain.  I just wanted  to get the message out especially  to the Newbies.   WATER  WATER WATER  get in anyway you can everyday. Thanks for  listening. Marsha
stephanie1977
on 5/31/07 9:17 pm - Roxbury, MA
Thank you for sharing.  I try so hard to get the water down every day.  It is a struggle but at our support group we talked about other ways to change it up so the water intake is not so boring.  I use the Totally Light or Crystal Light on the go packets.  The pomegrante/cherry flavor is great and it has biotin and other antioxidents in it.  And it is decaf so it is perfect.  I have one or two of these a day.  No calories and it tastes great.  Like you said any way you can.  Everyone has their own method of water intake but the best way of all is just drink. Lots of luck to you and I hope you get well soon. Stephanie
DDBEAR458
on 5/31/07 9:51 pm - WORCESTER, MA

about 5 years ago, i found this mug at the market that hold 64 oz of water (or anything else) and i bought it.  i always knew water was good for you so i've been drinking it constantly even before my wls. after wls it was hard in the beginning to get all of it in but now im 5 mos out and i faithfully drink out of this mug.  i drink more water when i get home from work and i drink water during the night as well.  so if anything, i am getting the required amount of H2O in.  it's amazing at how thin i feel in the morning after so much water!  lol.  some people make comments to me saying that im going to ge****er toxicicity.  they have no clue.  i suppose i would if i drank 10 of those mugs.  thanks for pointing out this important and mandatory rule that we all must follow.  i hope you are feeling better and get home soon.  i work in a hospital as well.  good luck and take care!

Cher B.
on 6/1/07 1:18 am - MA
Hi Marsha,   I hope you are feeling better and have these complications behind you soon.  It is fantastic that you have been running road races.  I only hope to be that fit in a year or so.  Thank you for reminding us how important getting in tha****er is.  I am a newbie and I have ben doing well with the water intake but you have difinitely given good reinforcement to keep it up.   Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. ~Cher
Lynnzie22
on 6/1/07 1:39 am - MA
I actually bought a plastic jug that holds 74 ounces of water and i been drinking it for over 2 weeks religiously. the firdt week i hained 7 pounds and the second week i stayed the same :(  Ppl suggest maybe its fluid retension i hope thats the case because i dont even like the taste of water lol. I a pre op so thx for the story now i really understand how important it is post op  congrats your race you should be totally proud of yourself
SELIN N.
on 6/2/07 10:04 am - E. SANDWICH, MA
THANK YOU...MU SURGERY WITH DR. LAUTZ IS JUNE 18TH... I CANT WAIT...BUT THE WATER IS THE ONE THING I AM NERVOUS ABOUT...I HARDLY DRINK 24 OUNCES NOW A DAY...I DONT MUCH FLUIDS.....I'M ALWAYS RUNNING AROUND DOWN ON THE CAPE AND WITH MY MOTORCYCLE CLUB UP IN BOSTON SO I'M ALWAYS FORGETTING TO DRINK...THANK YOU....HOPEFULLY I WILL DRINK DRINK DRINK!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views