pre-op weight loss...HELP!!!

Katie R.
on 5/31/07 3:39 am - Marlborough, MA
Think its possible to loose almost 10 pounds in a little less than 3 weeks?!?!? Let me know how... i figure a clear liquid diet would do the trick.... jello water crystal light SF popsicles etc.... any ideas are welcomed. Thanks Katie

steambacker
on 5/31/07 3:49 am - Hull, MA

Don't fret, it is possible, I did it!  I ate one bowl of raisin bran or non-sugar cerial.  One slimfast shake for lunch and 1 banana for a snack.  Normal dinner but low fat and watch the portion size.   Once your body adjusts, go for 1 slim fast shake for breakfast and 1 for lunch with 1 banana for a snack during the day and normal dinner. This is what worked for me! Hope this helps!!!! Jenn 

RNY surgery 05/23/07  Starting weight:  310
Right before operation: 279  Current weight:  117 Goal:  150
Kim S.
on 5/31/07 6:18 am - North of Boston, MA
I lost 10+ pounds in less time by starting my preop diet early.  For me, that was two protein shakes (I used EAS Myoplex Lite) and one small meal of lean protein and veggies.  If I was really starving I'd have veggies, fruit or a handful of nuts as a snack.  After the first 2-3 days your system adjusts and I wasn't even particularly hungry.  It helped that I knew it was only for 2-4 weeks with a BIG prize at the end.
Kim

Down 95+ pounds and still trucking along

MOJI
on 6/1/07 1:09 am - worcester, MA
the thing that worked for me was..I stop eating white foods such: white bread, sugar.. white rice and I started on 100% wheat bread , brown rice , low fat foods and sugar free foods and I ate half  of what ever I'm eating  lots of water  fresh fruits and veg and the thing that I ate most was stri-fry food and mild excercise..in one week I lost 7 pounds my nutritionist thought that I was on this crash diet thing...I said no I'm just eating the right way... ohh make sure you eat 5 small meals (B,L and D and 2 snacks) if you put your mind in-to-it it will work so good luck-moji
started-280 surgery-255 current-149 goal-135    
14 more lbs to go to reach my goal weight of 135 lbs  - moji-  

Carolyn L.
on 6/2/07 12:35 am - Northborough, MA
Don't go too nuts on the liquid diet - you want to be strong enough to recover from the surgery.  Make sure you are getting protein in.  Try adding protein drinks in and moving to an Atkins-like diet.  Partridge & Gazmuri are not as hard-ass about the weight as you might think - as long as you are down from your initial consult.  And remember, the last weigh in they do is at the pre-op so relax after that.
Carolyn      
243 /222      /135    /135 /125  
High/Surgery/Current/Goal/Lowest

MARLENA S.
on 6/2/07 9:10 am - middletown, CT
RNY on 09/04/07 with
i have 3 words for you...South Beach Diet!  i do phase 1  when i need to lose weight fast ....or you can do akins diet and walk walk walk ....the lbs will melt off good luck
SarahF
on 6/4/07 1:29 pm - Braintree, MA
I agree...you need your body to be strong and healthy.  I was told not to diet but to eat healthy.  When I did this I lost 4 lbs without trying.  Get out and walk if you can, that can only help.  Good luck with your surgery.  Mine is in 5 weeks!
Katie R.
on 6/4/07 11:19 pm - Marlborough, MA
thanks for all the great replys its actaully working ive been eating as small a meal as possible along with 2 shakes and have lost 8 pounds since last week... 2 more to go and i will be happy... i guess they weigh me in on the 8th and not the day of surgery so i have alot less time than i thought... katie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views