What is the best protein bar???

msloriann
on 5/27/07 11:46 am - Taunton, MA
... for some reason I got 2 member names.  The 'real' one is msloriann in case any of you want to talk.  Disregard the MA1 name in the previous post. Anyone know the answer to this question??  I've started dieting for the surgery but I really have no idea what I am doing.
Lori Ann
[email protected]
pre-op lap RNY
336/ 298/ 136
Girl ..
on 5/27/07 11:30 pm - MA
Hi MsLoriAnn.  I am just starting also.  I started investigating back in February, not realizing it takes so long to get an appt.  I see the nurse, nutritionist and psych person on June 18th.  I know I want RNY.  I also have an issue with work - my assistant goes on maternity leave around October 7th, so I am hoping to get a surgery date for about the 2nd week in September.  If I cannot, I may have to wait another 3 months until the holidays.  Very frustrating once you have mentally made the decision.  I don't know about bars, but folks in the support group suggested that I try a whey protein drink called "dezine" (sp?).  I want to try all that stuff now to be sure it doesn't bother me or I have difficulties.  I plan to use the team at Emerson Hospital in Concord.  They also work out of Lowell.  Good Luck!!
msloriann
on 5/28/07 3:22 am - Taunton, MA
Julie, I hope the dates work out for you.   That can be tough, and frustrating.  I have yet to investigate all the nutritional information and advice that is around, and there is SO much advice sometimes my head just spins!  So, I am taking it one day at a time, trying to make good choices, and do what I'm told by the docs.  I haven't been to my first appt yet so I don't have any personalized information.  I am going to NEMC and hope to have the surg. in Sept if all goes right.
Lori Ann
[email protected]
pre-op lap RNY
336/ 298/ 136
KellyMASS
on 5/29/07 6:07 am - MA
MOJI
on 5/28/07 6:01 am - worcester, MA
A little advise don't be buying alot of anything cause when you have surgery your new pouch  won't like anything so ..If I was you I 'll buy samples of all different kinds of protein bars or drinksmoji  I had to loose 10% of my weight so what I did was i stop eating white food like bread, sugar and  low-fat and sugar-free food   good luck-moji
started-280 surgery-255 current-149 goal-135    
14 more lbs to go to reach my goal weight of 135 lbs  - moji-  

msloriann
on 5/28/07 9:38 am - Taunton, MA

Thank you, Moji!  That is exactly what I am doing now.  Just common sense stuff.  I can't wait for my appointments to start and get on the way to thin! I have a feeling eating will never be the LEAST BIT the same, and that's ok, cuz  it's not working for me now.   Good luck to you, too!

Lori Ann
[email protected]
pre-op lap RNY
336/ 298/ 136
MOJI
on 5/28/07 10:21 am - worcester, MA
this thing is not so easy but we have to do what we gotta do ..God help us all
started-280 surgery-255 current-149 goal-135    
14 more lbs to go to reach my goal weight of 135 lbs  - moji-  

lazeydazey
on 5/31/07 10:51 am - Sharon, MA
The best protein bars are from Pure Protein. They have alot of different flavors and taste really good and i'm picky with my bars. I've been using them since after my surgery on 10/18/2005. My favorite flavor is the S'mores. You can get them at GNC, they have the big ones. I eat 1/2 one then save the other 1/2 for later or another day, or you can buy the small ones at Wal-mart, which I think cost about $1.117-1.25, the cheapest around for the small ones. The big one's cost $2.99 at GNC or if you can go to KNOW-FAT restaurant they sell them for $2.50 each. Hope this helps.  Lisa J. in Brockon, Mass
msloriann
on 6/1/07 8:23 am - Taunton, MA
Lisa,  Thank you for the information.  I will write that down.   Where did you have your surgery?   I grew up in Abington!  Are you originally from Brockton?
Lori Ann
[email protected]
pre-op lap RNY
336/ 298/ 136
RedHeadBeauty
on 6/1/07 11:13 pm - West Springfield, MA

Lori, I am 4 1/2 years out and the BEST protein bar, bar none (pun intended)  is the Detour bar.  It tastes like a Snickers bar and has a lot of protein, I can't remember but I think like 20 g.  It is still very filling for me, you probably could make it last all afternoon.  I used to cut it into 4 pieces and nibble on it.  They are about $2 apiece but so worth it.  Also, for protein drinks, my favorite is Pure Protein and they are pre-made, come in delicious flavors, like grape and fruit punch.  You can pick them up in any supplement store.  Very yummy. I don't rely too much on protein supplements anymore, except when I had a hard workout at the gym, I use the supplement to replace what I use up when working out.  Good luck! Melissa

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views