Home!!

Ashley78986
on 5/25/07 11:51 pm - MA
Hello, I just wanted to let everyone know that I came home from the hospital yesterday after having surgery on Tuesday. Everything went well. I'm just glad to be home finally. I'm just really really tired, constantly. Im sure that will pass. Thanks everyone for your support!
Cher B.
on 5/26/07 2:33 am - MA
So glad to hear you are home and doing well!  Keep us posted how things are going.
DDBEAR458
on 5/26/07 8:44 am - WORCESTER, MA
i had gazmuri too!  welcome home.  let us know how your doing,
Ashley78986
on 5/26/07 12:45 pm - MA
Dr. Gazmuri was great, but I didn't care for some of the nurses on the floor where we stay for the few nights. Some of them I thought were so rude. And they took FOREVER to get me pain meds. After I got off the IV, when it needs to be distributed orally, I asked for pills at 7 and I didnt get them until almost 8, and I was in some real bad pain because of the drain. I thought I was going to flip out on the nurse. And I also thought the interns were not too bright. The pain I was feeling because of the drain was bad, and when the interns came in I was explaining it to them and they were like, its not the drain its the abdominal wall. I knew it wasnt. But then they went and told Dr. Gazmuri that I thought something was wrong with my surgery. So i had to re-explain myself because they didnt know what they were talking about, and he agreed with me that it was the drain. So I mean, my experience with Dr. G was great, I couldnt ask for a better surgeon, and Dr. Patridge was there checking on me and I thought she was wonderful. But as far as nurses in that hospital, I was not impressed. Did anyone else have this experience there?
Cher B.
on 5/27/07 11:43 pm - MA

Hey Ashley,   Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the nurses.  Pretty much all of the nurses and staff that I saw when I was there were fantastic. Do you remember what floor you were on? I wonder if you ended up on a different floor where they are not as on their game.   Dr. Gazmuri rocks...glad he was able to get the drain issue straiht where the interns didn't. Hope you are feeling well.

~Cher

Ashley78986
on 5/28/07 1:14 am - MA
I was on the 6th floor. I think (not sure) that it is the only floor we would be on, at least thats what one of the nurses told me.
KellyMASS
on 5/26/07 7:35 pm - MA
how long were you in surgery for?
Ashley78986
on 5/27/07 12:15 am - MA
I think 2 hours, Im not exactly sure. I just know that from the time I went in for surgery was 11am and I got out of the recovery room at 5. Which seems about right, they usually say 2 hours in surgery and 3 hours in recovery.
KellyMASS
on 5/27/07 3:06 am - MA
how has the pain been and were you able to get a good night sleep at home?
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

Ashley78986
on 5/28/07 1:13 am - MA
The pain was ok when I got home. For the first day and a half I was on pain meds. After that I was ok. As for sleeping, still working on that. Its still difficult to find a position that isn't going to cause any discomfort. But its getting better every night.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views